txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The water was a little cool, but at least we had no wind. Ofcourse the floor was flat and thick with sand and I was digging pennies at 15" so it wasn't a great day for finds but still I enjoyed it. I actually found a wetsuit that I could get in and out of without too much problems and it works perfect for the not so cold weather here.

My brother found an earring, as soon as we got out of the truck and lowered the tail gate. He was excited. We went detecting and as we were leaving his wife looked at the earring and said their daughter had some like that. Hummmm it was decided that the earring probably hitched a ride in his wader box and when he opened the box at the beach it must of fell out. I told him it still counts as a find. LOL

My total for the day was a whooping 27 cents and one pull tab.

Attachments

• nbhuntjan 002.jpg
    nbhuntjan 002.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 628
  • nbhuntjan 003.jpg
    nbhuntjan 003.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 639
  • nbhuntjan 004.jpg
    nbhuntjan 004.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 632
Upvote 0

Painter65

Jan 10, 2009
Wilmington,NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150, Minelab Soveriegn Elite, Minelab 305
Good Deal!
I went to the beach today myself, was pretty warm, Only found a dime but I had fun in doing it!

capt1989

Jan 16, 2009
Arkansas, by way of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Teknetics Gamma 6000, DetectorPro PiratePro, Fisher F-75 LTD2, Berkut-5 (a russian detector) and a good ole original Garrett Propointer that is still going strong.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
27 cents at the beach is better than a day at work anytime. Hope you had fun.

john

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you..........My beaches are covered in over a foot of snow and the ice is over a foot thick at the shore. It'll be awhile before my wet suit would be warm enough.

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sandman, when in your youth did you ever hunt the cold (brrrr) water up there? I hunt a Swimming hole in North Carolina once that was fed by a mountain stream and water was 40 degrees but wetsuit kept me warm.

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
Good for you..........My beaches are covered in over a foot of snow and the ice is over a foot thick at the shore. It'll be awhile before my wet suit would be warm enough.

holy cow just reading that makes me want to crawl back in bed under a blanket and not poke my head out until ground hog day.

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
txkickergirl said:
Sandman said:

holy cow just reading that makes me want to crawl back in bed under a blanket and not poke my head out until ground hog day.

DITTO TO THAT! I need to quit complaining about how cold it is. Compared to you gng's up north..... It is swimsuit time!

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
txkickergirl,
you got out on a beach. ;D

Thanks for the photos; warms me here
up north. :wink: :coffee2:

Sure you will do better...

have a good un.......
SHERMANVILLE

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
mumszie said:
txkickergirl said:
Sandman said:

DITTO TO THAT! I need to quit complaining about how cold it is. Compared to you gng's up north..... It is swimsuit time!

Water temp is in the 40s here, air temp below freezing. Spent 3 hours on the beach tonight and it was cold and windy. Planning to do a wetsuit hunt tomorrow morning, who's with me?

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
txkickergirl,
you got out on a beach. ;D

Thanks for the photos; warms me here
up north. :wink: :coffee2:

Sure you will do better...

have a good un.......
SHERMANVILLE

Give it a couple more weeks and I will post pics of warmer tropical days. Last year they opened the community pool back up at the end of Feb. Our neighbor was using his pool one day it was in the 80's the next day it was in the 40's and drizzle and the next day it was back in the pool again. I figured about 3 more weeks and we should start seeing 80's again here.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least you can get out and do some hunting. A bad day of hunting is a better day then working...matt

Seajay

Jul 6, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, Garrett's CX w/Bloodhound, GTA 500, Whites PI
Keep on searchin', TxK, the good finds will come! coastal NC water temp is in the 40's. Send some of that warm GofM water this way!

Seajay

ParkHunter61

Nov 30, 2008
Thursday morning went to go to work
and there was ice on my windshield.( in Florida)
I don't have an ice scraper !
Sent Package Thursday - slow US mail.
Bill

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ice in Florida ??? shiver shiver...I haven't seen ice on a windshield in ages. I remember growing up my dad would have to pour water on the car some mornings. Funny it hasn't gotten that cold here in years.
Thanks I will keep a look out for the package

Painter65

Jan 10, 2009
Wilmington,NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150, Minelab Soveriegn Elite, Minelab 305
I dont care what anyone says, when its cold at the beach it just aint no fun!!!!

27 degrees is cold and I dont care where your at..........................(So definately bundle up!!!!!)

Its supposed to be a nice weekend here, Im excited cause Im hopefully about to pick-up a used Minelab, and you can bet Ill be hitting the beaches hard when i get home in the afternoon!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread