Beach Trippin

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm planning a trip from N Tx to Galveston area for my first ever beach trip. Im using my Garrett GTAx 1000. Soliciting inputs from all ..especially the Garrett detectorists familiar with the 1000 that can give me any and all pointers to maximize my success. Unfortunately I wont be able to plan the trip around the tides and winds, so it will be mostly a hit and miss ..but anything anyone can provide in the way of tips would be most helpful. My 1000 has a beach setting so plan on using that unless y'all think it may be better to use the All Metal mode and just dig everything. I will be focusing on the wet sand mostly at low tide but plan to cover as much territory as possible. Places to focus on, areas at Galveston, settings, coils to use, etc are the things I could use for tips.

Upvote 0

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was some kind of a big metal detectors meet there a couple of weeks ago and one of our membvers reportedhe didn't find anythng at a big beach. Look for that post. Last time I was in Galveston I was told that "Coouinty Beach" is the place all the locals go. Don't know where it is though as I didn't wind up going there after all. Also there is a ferry that runs across the bay every hour or so. You might check around where it loads and unloads? That's all the info I have. JIM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread