Ex is back

lowtidetim

Jan 28, 2005
Virginia Beach, Virginia
I got my Excalibur back from Vegas yesterday and I took it out for a test run today. Hit the surf lane about 8:30 am and didn't see any one else except some dry sanders for the 1st hour. I did see Comander Jim out for a walk, I almost didn't recoginize him with out his detector. Targets were far and few between. Went down to the fishing pier and turned around just about as the tide was starting to come back in. Walked a short distance and met Va. Beach Ron with the PI. His luck was about the same as mine. Clad and trash. After I left Ron, I managed to locate 3 pair of sun glasses and some more clad. Time was running out and I was getting ready to head home to wait on a delivery when all of a sudden, I got a nice low tone. It turned out to be a nice 10K white gold with an aquamarine and 6 small diamond chips. That was great but then about 5 feet away I got another good tone and this time it was a pendant I think it is 14k but I can't read the marking. Anyway it was nice to get my machine back and return Max's to him. Here is a photo of the 2 good finds. HH and good luck to all the surf pirates out there.
LTT

Attachments

• 9-13-05 a.jpg
    9-13-05 a.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 315
Upvote 0

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Way to go tim. we have to get Max over here to post some of his pics. I love to check them out.
I was thinging of getting a Ex. But it seems that thay have to be sent back alot for repairs. What do you think?

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!! Nice!!!!

Congrats!

;)

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Nice ring!

Hey Tim, I saw someone down here in Currituck the other day with a T-Shirt that has the same logo as yours. It said "Give up your booty on" it... Is that a general shirt sold up there, or were you down here?

OP
OP
lowtidetim

lowtidetim

Jan 28, 2005
Virginia Beach, Virginia
I did not make it down to the outerbanks. That must be a photo that shows up on a lot of shirts and flags.
LTT

Attachments

• Dead men Surf Pirates RS.jpg
    Dead men Surf Pirates RS.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 262
OP
OP
lowtidetim

lowtidetim

Jan 28, 2005
Virginia Beach, Virginia
I hunted for almost 3 years without any repairs and when it needed something it was a broken wirn at the top of the coil.. Not a bad repair record and the loot speeks for itself. HH
LTT

Attachments

40.1 KB · Views: 247
    40.1 KB · Views: 251

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Hey Tim, quick question... I've always wondered, does Sandbridge give up much? I've thought about going out there several times, but never get around to it.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tim,
Don,t be too disappointed in the amount of finds. Virginia Beach is a heavily populated area so you have a lot of competition. Around me some people will hunt a good site many times and feel good about getting 1 or 2 finds a day.

Ed Donovan

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Tim,

I am planning on doing some heavy detecting down here in the spring, if your interested in getting together. I'm doing some research of where the old township used to be, and where the train station was. I've found the old general store, and some of the original farm houses, but I am waiting until the winter to get into some overgrown areas to look for a few foundations to make sure I've placed the train station correctly.
Plus, there are a couple of promising civil war sites I am looking into.

Let me know, maybe we can get together.

Oh, and there used to be an old logging town/community down here, and from what some of the old timers have told me, I think I might have found where its general store was. If thats the case, I might be shooting it for some possible token and coinage finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread