drought conditions

beeper

Sep 23, 2005
California
hi folks, been mding on off since 1969, a local prospecting shop had a tv commercial during the 1st moon walk, went down an bought a white 5000d, i think?. since i've aquired 3 mds

during my off years i wanted to search Lake Tahoe and the such, as during the drought water was LOW, and never made it up there.
has anyone hit any lake when water was LOWWWW.

Upvote 0

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
I don't know about droughts at lake tahoe, but I can attest to a dry lakebed with great finds.
Where I'm from they had this huge man made lake. They decided to do some work to it and almost completely drained it for almost a whole year. After the mud dried up, my dad and a couple of his buddies went out and detected, and found tons of stuff. Not only hundreds of dollars worth of fishing lures, but tons of coins. They even found an old barn and homesite. It seems that back when they blocked the valley to make the lake, there was several old homesteads there from back in the early to mid 1800s.
My dad said it was the single most rewarding year of his detecting experience. I was overseas at the time, so I didn't get to check it out. I've seen pictures of everything, and it was a monsterous haul. thats for sure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread