Underwater pin-pointer

ArkieGold

Dec 17, 2008
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 800
Was wondering that myself the other day and did a search but came up empty. Suppose one could seal it up in a ziplock bag perhaps?

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wreckrat said:
Does any company make an underwater or waterproof pin pointer? Like the Garrett pro pointer but a waterproof version??

I was just speaking with Vaughan Garrett and he was telling me they have a waterproof one mainly designed for the military and Police.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the 570 and it works I have used it, one note when wading in the water with it do not have it in your holder it will unlodge and float by, lucky for me I saw it before it was to late :'(

now what I don't like......the fact it has no off switch I have to remove the battery after each use, becaue it never fails if I leave it in, then it gets moved around in my truck and when I go to use it dead battery.

kaptainkosmic

Jul 7, 2004
S.W. Michigan
Detector(s) used
CZ-20 When its Wet, Garret 1350 When its Not.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
FloridaBill said:
wreckrat said:
Does any company make an underwater or waterproof pin pointer? Like the Garrett pro pointer but a waterproof version??

I was just speaking with Vaughan Garrett and he was telling me they have a waterproof one mainly designed for the military and Police.

There is a market! I would love to have that pinpointer but I use my pinpointer while water hunting so it has to be water proof!
I hope Vaughan is watching!!!

Steve :-)

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kaptainkosmic said:
FloridaBill said:
wreckrat said:

There is a market! I would love to have that pinpointer but I use my pinpointer while water hunting so it has to be water proof!

I believe it was this one
http://www.garrett.com/security/s_thd_key.htm

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
I detect in water up to chest deep and the best pin pointer I have is my foot. Knowing where the target is at the coil and then placing your toe near it for placement with the scoop has never failed me. Of course, I use a floating sifter box to speed the dig up. Now if you really want to find the target fast then located a 2 inch back packer gold dredge and float it. Then suck up the find real quick and have a screen box on the end of the sluice box to catch you finds. Great at Jetski beaches that are always trashy but not for heavy surf.
Underwater pinpointer?? Never heard of such a thing. ???

kaptainkosmic

Jul 7, 2004
S.W. Michigan
Detector(s) used
CZ-20 When its Wet, Garret 1350 When its Not.
Primary Interest:
[/quote]

[/quote]

I believe it was this one
http://www.garrett.com/security/s_thd_key.htm

[/quote]

thanks Bill I'll check it out.

FLauthor I also use a sifter then use the probe to find stuff in the sifter. here in mich. we don't have sugar sand at alot of our inland lakes and even in lake michigan there are some areas that that have alot of gravel. the probe really speeds up finding the small stuff in that type matrix. dredges are frowned upon here.

steve :-)

Attachments

• scoop, sifter & vibra probe resized.jpg
    scoop, sifter & vibra probe resized.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 633
  • sifter with toe ring and clad #1 resized.jpg
    sifter with toe ring and clad #1 resized.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 432
  • scoop, sifter & vibra probe resized.jpg
    scoop, sifter & vibra probe resized.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 418
  • sifter with toe ring and clad #1 resized.jpg
    sifter with toe ring and clad #1 resized.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 392

upgzy

Apr 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
deepth

underwater deepth? 20feet 30 or 90 feet?

pinpointer is very light and do mind it will floating?

need move in sand or rock ?

specific requirement can get perfect answer

bklein

Feb 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use my Garrett at the beach and when I stick the front probe in water in the gig hole it signals - I think due to the water not the target. Am I right? Perhaps just PI designs will work in the water.

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deteknix diver pinpointed, operates just like garrett, adjustable settings, waterproof to 90ft. Got one to try this season for diving, wish it took 9 volt battery instead of the silly usb charging. Used vibra probes for past several years, they worked ok and found me lots of stuff, but the on/off method/floating/etc made me cuss a lot.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread