low tide charts for wisconsin ?

miester

May 21, 2005
Wi
I dont think there is much of a tide except when a low pressure system is approaching. Once while fishing from my pier on L.Winnebago I saw the lake drop about 20 in. in a hurry, this unusual occurence is called a seich and when it occures over L.Michigan the drop in water level can be drastic. Thats all I know of the subject of tides here. If you want tide tables to scan more beach, Michigan is as low as I've seen it in yrs. I just returned from the northwoods and even the lakes up there are way down. This is as good as it gets for more area to work, beats the hell out of workin them when there brim full.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No tides to speak of inland, sorry. Low water levels are all we get and tides as such happen only at sea. Oh, the water moves on inland bodies of water, but less than an inch on the Great Lakes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread