Where do you take gold rings for the best $ price?

Northern Lights

Sep 15, 2008
Georgian Bay Lake Huron, 2 hrs N. of Toronto
Detector(s) used
whites surfmaster pulse, tesoro silver sabre, fisher 1280x

MikeDahms

Jun 25, 2008
Jacksonville, NC
There are many places to sell your hard found gold items but beware. First selling when you are desperate you will most likely get the worst deal( I have done this). I have always heard the best from guys here at on other water detecting forums that Midwest Refiners is consistently the best to deal with. Those who recommend selling to a local jeweler I have to at least question if they have other experiences to compare to. I have sold to local gold dealers and even pawn shops and individuals along with sending it off. I have to say the old bird in the hand feels really good, by that I mean selling locally you get your money now.

I recommend that holding on to your finds can give many benefits that may not be evident now. I am unable to get into the water due to medical problems. I wish I had held onto most of my finds to look back on and remember the good times I'm unable to repeat. Also I sold most of my many, many ounces of gold at $300-350, not counting the rings we sold to individuals. Today it would of course be worth much more. With the economy going down and the money supply going way up I believe holding now may be a very smart thing to do. I often said half was finding it the other half is selling it.

If you have stones in rings the best thing you can do is get a jeweler's loop and start studying so you don't give them away. Best to all, Mike.

ramfan

May 30, 2008
Myrtle Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett F250/F150
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
great information here.....I am going to try midwest refineries.

Darrell

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread