CZ-20 is here! Happy - Angry & Frustrated!

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
CZ-20 is here! Happy - Angry & Frustrated!

The Fedex truck stopped at my house this afternoon and I was jumping up and down. Oh happy HAPPY DAY! It's here it's here it's here! I was so happy! I put it together all the while trying to figure out in my mind when I could take it out and find some GOLD! I have several doctor appointments for both my husband and myself so I was really trying to figure out a way to take it out. I need not have bothered! All put together and nothing. I mean NOTHING! No sound, won't turn on NOTHING! Now I'm almost crying with frustration. I got on the phone right away and called Felix in Texas and told him, he transfered me to the tech (Daniel). He said well, not much we can do about it - send it back in. WHAT! I have to send it back in? I asked him was there anywhere else I could take it here in Florida. I would drive darn near anywhere to have it checked out. He said no, I have to send it back to Texas. I said you guys have had this machine for almost 2 months already. How long will it take this time. He said he didn't know. I said I have a big hunt coming up the first week of April and I really needed it for that. He said well he was sorry but I would have to send it in and he doesn't know how long it will take! I am so darn frustrated about this and I just told my husband that if it does not come back working next time - I am going to take them to see Judge Judy! So much for a lifetime garantee! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa >:(

Upvote 0

fldaphne

May 27, 2008
Gulfcoast of Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Beach Hunter ID
Re: CZ-20 is here! Happy - Angry & Frustrated!

That is awful news for you! I wonder what they were thinking sending it back like that! Not much, that's for sure.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

mumszie said:
The Fedex truck stopped at my house this afternoon and I was jumping up and down. Oh happy HAPPY DAY! It's here it's here it's here! I was so happy! I put it together all the while trying to figure out in my mind when I could take it out and find some GOLD! I have several doctor appointments for both my husband and myself so I was really trying to figure out a way to take it out. I need not have bothered! All put together and nothing. I mean NOTHING! No sound, won't turn on NOTHING! Now I'm almost crying with frustration. I got on the phone right away and called Felix in Texas and told him, he transfered me to the tech (Daniel). He said well, not much we can do about it - send it back in. WHAT! I have to send it back in? I asked him was there anywhere else I could take it here in Florida. I would drive darn near anywhere to have it checked out. He said no, I have to send it back to Texas. I said you guys have had this machine for almost 2 months already. How long will it take this time. He said he didn't know. I said I have a big hunt coming up the first week of April and I really needed it for that. He said well he was sorry but I would have to send it in and he doesn't know how long it will take! I am so darn frustrated about this and I just told my husband that if it does not come back working next time - I am going to take them to see Judge Judy! So much for a lifetime garantee! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa >:(

dang girl, do you have a backup machine? Are you sure the batteries are good?

this a new machine, good customer service would be sending you another one out quickly

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,

WOW, That Really sucks Mumszie, but that's the New and improved Fisher company for ya. And what kind of customer service was that????? I mean they really Suck, didn't anyone try it out after "fixing" it? I'd be fuming to. Good luck Mumszie, I'd speak to someone higher up..

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

add a remark that their service of your machine already lost them a customer, ME. I'm looking again and I don't want another water machine but a dry lander/sand model. Now I'm gonna skip right over the CZ models and look at that Minelab safari.

G

gamiller

I know its not quite the same but Denise is willing to lend a cz 21 if you need it. Greg

beachboy

Bronze Member
May 26, 2008
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark

Sorry, Mumszie..Do not let them off so easy....I had some problems with ebay and a metal detector. It made me so angry...I just kept calling and writing till I got some results...They have taken more than your Metal detector, as far as I can see...

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is really bad customer service, they apparently could care less. You should send them copies of these threads after a few days on all the forums you belong to. Like they say power of the Internet, but then again how could a huge company like that send out a unit that they repaired or replaced with out even testing it ? That is totally uncalled for, but that is this day and age I guess.....

And the other thing that always gets me is I am sure you have to pay the freight back to them at $26.00 or more when it was their fault that it even has to go back.

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

I feel your pain mumszies ,, That is so frustrating indeed ,, maybe someone up your way would give a loner till you get the cz 20 back, just so you don't miss out on the big hunt ..let us know how you make out with fisher ... Guzz

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia

That's terrible! Shame on Fisher for leaving you hanging like that. I am a fan of the good ol' Fishers, especially the CZs, but I am quickly losing faith in the company. I thought I wanted a F75 but I've been hearing about wobbly shafts, poor quality construction, unreliability, and extremely poor customer service. Even a required minimum dollar amount if you want to order parts from them...so if you just need a battery cover, forget it...you're not allowed to buy one from them unless you want to buy some unneeded stuff to go with it. That's the way I understand it anyway. What a shame, especially if you bought this machine new. You confided at least $1000.00 of your hard earned money in their product and company. Seems like they would at least send you a replacement or loaner after receiving it D.O.A. after a lengthy repair period. Especially since people have really been questioning and doubting the quality and caliber of the Fisher name and product since the buyout.

Whatever, ....if that's how they are treating their customers, I am not interested in being one anymore. I always figured my next one would be another fisher but not anymore. Maybe another old CZ used from Ebay. I agree, send Fisher a link to this in an email, maybe even while you have a rep on the phone so you can be sure they get and read it. Maybe it will help your particular situation at least. They are going to have to do more than just make things right with you to regain my faith. Seems to me they have quite a bit of making up to do, or they will cease to be a major competitor in the market.

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida

You know I really am not getting much help with the regular customer service or the techs. I wish I knew how to contact the head of the company. So if anyone knows what his name is and where to send a letter or email....... I sure would like to know. I am STILL considering Judge Judy! LOL That would go national!

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

mumszie said:
You know I really am not getting much help with the regular customer service or the techs. I wish I knew how to contact the head of the company. So if anyone knows what his name is and where to send a letter or email....... I sure would like to know. I am STILL considering Judge Judy! LOL That would go national!

go on their website and send a email, actually most CEO's have someone they trust read and take action on them.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

that stinks! hope you get it working soon.

rsc

Mar 6, 2005
Noth of Houston

That SUCKS.....Very poor service........ Does the knob click? or anything? Did you swap batteries? I would try it all before I sent it back.......You never know if there is a loose wire.
I Can not immagine they would send it to you without testing it first. But you never know.
Sorry for your fustrations.. HH Gayle

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

[size=13pt]That has got to be the worst pile of crap I've ever heard. I really feel bad for you Mumszie. I haven't heard of a story that bad in quite some time. You'd think that they would test the machine before it left the factory to be sure everything was in working order. I'm just wondering ... since you said it has been gone for two months could it be that after you shipped it to Texas they shipped it overseas someplace to get repaired? That may be why they can't tell you how long it will take. Just a thought.

After going through all that I'd try and sell it for what I could get and go with another brand machine. There are other U.S. companies out there who would be glad to get your business and who have exceptional customer service. One that I know of and deal with you can talk to the owner of the company any time you call. He even calls you to see if there may be any other problem with your unit. If you want to know more send me a PM and I'll be glad to respond to you.

Good luck in whatever you persue. I hope you get to that hunt in April. I've got one this weekend and it looks like it's going to be in the pouring rain here in New England.

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida

Thanks Mat! I will keep this in mind and when I decide to buy another machine I just may be taking you up on your offer!

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300

this is definately bad PR for fisher (not deserving of capital F in their name) i think you should send it to the guy in Texas (not sure of the company name...someone else will chime in) to get it fixed right and then send fisher the bill....hope everything works out for you to go to the big hunt

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't think I'd sell it to someone else,unless you tell them the dirty details of why you're selling it. I mean, how would you feel if you bought a p.o.s. thinking it was the real deal?

Plus, the lifetime warrantee is only to the original purchaser.

Anyone have a Teknetics? How do you like it?

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida

davest said:
I don't think I'd sell it to someone else,unless you tell them the dirty details of why you're selling it. I mean, how would you feel if you bought a p.o.s. thinking it was the real deal?

Plus, the lifetime warrantee is only to the original purchaser.

Anyone have a Teknetics? How do you like it?

I would not do that to another MD'er.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread