CZ6a on the beach

therover

Feb 23, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
CZ6a (2),Infinium, E-Trac,CZ20, X5, CZ20,X-Terra 705, Treasure Baron Goldtrax, XL-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It will do great in the wet sand. I suggest first trying to ground balance in normal ( not salt ) mode and if you can, stay in that mode. The normal mode is a little more sensitive to gold and lower conductive targets. If you can balance and run it in normal mode without falsing, that means your wet sand is not that bad.

If you can't then balance in salt mode. Sometimes you may not be able to, and if not, then just run it at the setting of 5.

You can hunt in the all metal mode on the wet sand and when you get a hit, switch over to discriminate and check the target.

Being familiar with the CZ6, you should be fine. If you run it in normal mode and in discriminate, make sure you dont' run your sensitivity too high, and run it on the 0 setting. This way you can her the iron targets and when you get into areas of trash...slow way down and listen for the mid tone or high tone repeatable targets.

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Hmmmm good luck on your upgrade! I experience with Fisher research labs has not been the best and it is STILL going on but perhaps your luck with them will be better. I sure hope so.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions