Todays beach hunt

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Today's beach hunt

I took my daughter to the beach to hunt this morning and dag gum it! She found jewelry! She has only been out a few times and she is doing REAL well with her little ACE 250. She doesn't find many coins but she finds jewelry! She likes to hunt the wet edge of the water and in the sea weed that has washed up on the beach. Evidently I should be taking lessons from her!

This is her stuff.

Andiesjunknmoney040909.jpg

It doesn't look like a lot but she has a nice silver bracelet with some stones in it. Yep, it's silver. I showed her how to look for the mark and it's 925. I have no idea what the stones are. They are kind of a "milky" pink color. They are not clear

bracelet2Andie040909.jpg
bracelet1Andie040909.jpg

She also found this clip of some kind. It is NOT silver but I can't figure out what it is. It is not a hair clip and not a tie clip. It is open on both ends. I have no idea what it is but it is "sparkly" ;D She only found 3 pennies this morning but her other finds sure make up for that.

HairclipAndie040909.jpg

Now for my finds.

I have been picking up the plastic toys here lately to throw in the tot lots I go to: so I found a lot of plastic junk this morning. I did not find any jewelry at all but I did manage to find a Sacajewa Dollar, 10 quarters and a bunch of other clad. Way over my goal so I'm not complaining.

Junk040909.jpg

SacajewaDollar040909.jpg

I found a heavy shiney key chain with no keys. It spins around and says Busch Garden Universary on it.

KeyChain040909.jpg

My clad haul today was more than I usually get at the beach. $4.20 total.

Money040909.jpg

Am I complaining? Not on your life! I did good today! :wink:

Upvote 0

stitchlips

Apr 12, 2008
east coast florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur 1000, CTX 3030
Re: Today's beach hunt

Is that one coin a dollar? If so didnt you find a quincy dollar not long ago? Good finds. :thumbsup:

mcmurphi

Feb 5, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX • Fisher CZ-21

Hunting with your children is the best....glad you were able to get out and find some good stuff!

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida

stitchlips said:
Is that one coin a dollar? If so didnt you find a quincy dollar not long ago? Good finds. :thumbsup:

No it's a Sacajewa Dollar and Yes, I found two Quincy dollars not long ago. Oh I do love those dollar coins! ::)

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

Wow...you were way over your goal and found lots of colorful goodies for the kids too! Not bad at all! Looks like your daughter did mighty fine too!

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just having your daughter with you is great, glad she is doing good she will be hooked especially when she finds that ring and she will find one.....

fldaphne

May 27, 2008
Gulfcoast of Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Beach Hunter ID

glad to see you got out. Your daughter did find a nice bracelet and the clip is the kind used on collars - the clip goes between the collar at the neck and clips on to each end of the collar with the little stone in the middle. Nice....haven't seen one of those worn in many years.

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes you did great Today. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

panthr

Apr 7, 2009

mumszie said:
It doesn't look like a lot but she has a nice silver bracelet with some stones in it. Yep, it's silver. I showed her how to look for the mark and it's 925. I have no idea what the stones are. They are kind of a "milky" pink color. They are not clear

bracelet2Andie040909.jpg
bracelet1Andie040909.jpg

Grats Mumszie and daughter! I could be wrong but it looks like the stones are rose quartz... Not worth much monetarily but they are quite pretty.

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mumszie, nice finds. You are making me homesick to go metal detecting.....arrh :tongue3:

The bracelet looks like the ones they sell at Dillard's. Last year I bought one similar to the one that you posted and I believe it was around $45.00 on sale.

I'm flying in the following week so I'll see you all at the beach.... :thumbsup:

HH

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

I see a "squashed" type tourist cent there --where from / markings?

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida

It just says West Virginia on it. I've found several of those with different markings the last few months but this one says.... West Virginia

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

psst mumsie -- I don't go in in the water-- but I use a ace 250 at the beach (you know that) its a good lil machine -- in saltwater areas just don't run the sen/ power level too high --if she beeps faslsng a lot drop back on the sen level one or two bars till she smoothes out -- 3 -4 bars seems to work ok in wet sand --dry sand can go up a bit more -- trying to run max sen levels can make it "overly sensitive "for the soil conditions at the beach thus lots and lots of false signals --beep - beep--beep == -- normally while hunting inland I run a couple bars less than max unless the soil is "real sweet"( that type of land is normally only found inland * far away from the beaches )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions