FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Erikk and I decided to go last night for a spin to break the normal day hunt. The beaches have been mobbed but not many in the water. We thought we would give the dry a go. It was a little fun at first because I never hunt the dry however my back soon started to give out and I was only finding clad.

I went back to looking in the wet and within a few minutes had my first mood ring. A short time later I pulled out the ring with the pink stone, its marked Korea and then the small 10K with the green stone and last another mood ring. They must sell these at the beach... So it turned out to be a good night hunt. We stayed for around six hours.

Picture004-1.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture010-1.jpg

Picture014-2.jpg

Upvote 0

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWEET !!! WTG

Rockyredbaron

HH to all

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul!!!! Night hunting has always been a favorite of mine. I tend to hunt the waterline (easier walking) and just use the dry for rest stops.

Many times I'll just do a one way. I'll have someone drop me at point A then in the morning, give them a call and have them pick me up at point B, have breakfast and head home. A day pack with a couple of sandwiches, water and a poncho and you're ready for about anything.

Night hunting is a good chance to cover those long stretches of beach that have little access. Drop off at one end and walk it through to the other. I like to come up from the waterline and check the volleyball courts that rarely if ever get worked at the hotels and condos. Just remember, stay on the beach, don't go up on the seawalls.

By the way, you might want to check out the ring with the green stone, it might be a little emerald.

Deepsix

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Bill!!!! Looks like you're having fun.

It looks like your starting the year off well.

HH

acehunter

Feb 2, 2009
california
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, gold scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job, nice rings. The clad is nice also. Keep up the good work.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like you did alright for your self....Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions