Hunt cut short

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I set foot on the beach at 10 a.m. sharp. I headed straight for the water and started working my way south. I was working in less than knee deep water. I was there for about an hour when my Tiger Shark starts beeping like crazy. At first, I thought maybe I hit an area of high mineralization. I hold my TS up towards the sky and it's still beeping away. I brought it up on to dry sand and checked the ground balance. I was good to go there, then down towards the water, I switch into salt mode and check the ground balance there, all good. I switch back to Motion Disc and it starts beeping like crazy again. Back up on dry sand, I check the coil, it was fine, then all the connections, they were fine too. I decided to check the control box, on the slim chance the box had gotten splashed and the seal had failed. The box wasn't wet, but I decided to open it and check inside. No sign of moisture and the seal looked fine with silicone lube around it. Close the box back up and try again. Nothing had changed. Running out of ideas, I checked the disc knob which I keep between 2-3 when in the water. I turned up to around 4. No change :icon_scratch: I just tried it in my front yard and it worked fine, but then again, my yard is not where I was having the problem. I'll have give it another try at the beach on the way home from work some time this week.

Oh well, I didn't manage to find 1 penny on top of the sand before I exited the beach. Also just before I left the beach, I walked past a blonde woman sunbathing topless :o :o

Upvote 0
G

gamiller

willie d said:
Oh well, I didn't manage to find 1 penny on top of the sand before I exited the beach. Also just before I left the beach, I walked past a blonde woman sunbathing topless :o :o
Sounds like you had a good hunt, You never know what you''ll find at the beach

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gamiller said:
willie d said:
Sounds like you had a good hunt, You never know what you''ll find at the beach
Ain't that the truth LOL

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hangingfor8 said:
Where the batteries low?
No, they were almost brand new. They had about 5 hours on them.

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
I had the same problem with my Tiger shark about 4 months ago. I returned it to Tessoro. they repaired it and on the repair slip it said that the coil was retuned. I don't exactly know what that means but it works now. Happy hunting. Ralph

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Willie about your detector.  I hope it gets repaired soon, the seasons about to start.

By the way, not that I would want to hit that beach with the topless blond  :tongue3:, but, was it in New Port Richey? 

Here's to a good season  :occasion14:

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
petersra said:
I had the same problem with my Tiger shark about 4 months ago. I returned it to Tessoro. they repaired it and on the repair slip it said that the coil was retuned. I don't exactly know what that means but it works now. Happy hunting. Ralph
Glad to hear you're back up and running. I'm just curious, how long did you have your Tiger Shark before you had this problem?

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
el conquistador said:
Sorry Willie about your detector. I hope it gets repaired soon, the seasons about to start.

By the way, not that I would want to hit that beach with the topless blond :tongue3:, but, was it in New Port Richey?

Here's to a good season :occasion14:
Nope, it was in Clearwater.

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha...she was more defined than her husband/boyfriend she was laying next to LOL.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Did he (the topless blonde) have well defined muscles? LOL Wellllllll you didn't say HE could have been male!
LOL! :laughing7:
Was she lying on her back?

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coil leaking and once it dried out it worked in your yard? if this is the problem the coil will be ruined now so make sure you get it replaced!!

it is possible to get brand new batteries that are bad! or one out of a set that is bad.
chuck.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the coil the attached kind or is it removable? If it is removable, did you check the connector between the coil wireand the box? I've had mine come loose a bit and act just like yours. One other suggestion is to make sure your coil wire is tight against your pole. If its floppy at all it can be detected by the coil.

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Willie, like Seeker41 said, it does sound like a leak in the coil. My Sand Shark did a similar thing last year and Dew Guru told me what the problem most likely was.... I could hunt an hour or so in the water and then it would go goofy falsing constantly. If I took it out of the water up to the dry sand, it would settle down after some period of time in the sun.... I could then go back in the water for a short time and hunt fine.... until it would happen again. Sent it off to Tesoro, they replaced the coil and it is back and working fine.

Cliff

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry your hunt was cut short...but if you hadn't left early you wouldn't have that blonde memory that's with you now. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread