Has anyone used a two box detector on the beach?

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
Ok....great....I'll meet you there with my backhoe !! are you looking for treasure chests?? Cannons?? Lets face it most of the stuff that we look for out there is coins and jewelry.....and your two box is a little bit overkill for that......just stick with your Bounty hunter if that's what you are looking for (coins and jewelry)....believe me when I say that you won't have the edge walking up and down with a large two box....in fact you will probably look a little ridiculous.... :tard:

go deep

Greenie
Apr 11, 2006
michigan
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
Goodguy Go for it.What do you have to lose. In the last 6 years i have seen a number of metal detctors being used,factory and homemade.Just left the beaches,two weeks of searching and sun.Watch out north of Amberson access,there is something big and deep about 500 feet north.Homeowners come out and stare at you the whole time,but just smile and keep searching. TAKE CARE GO DEEP

chipveres

Jul 9, 2007
Hollywood, Florida
Yes, I tried my Garret two-coil attachment on the beach just to learn about it. It would detect down to and including whole beer cans. If you have reason to think there is a valuable object that size under the beach, go for it.

Chip V.

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chipveres said:
Yes, I tried my Garret two-coil attachment on the beach just to learn about it. It would detect down to and including whole beer cans. If you have reason to think there is a valuable object that size under the beach, go for it.

Chip V.

Thanks Chip,

I wish the deep seekers would discriminate because I'm looking for gold not beer cans. ;D
And I hate to dig that deep for an anchor chain or the like. But I guess that comes with the territory when on the trail of treasure that the coin shooters cant reach.

I'm working on a lead that could produce some treasure but it's considered to be three or more feet deep. The other problem is that after a foot or so, water causes the hole to collapse and fill.
Got any ideas on working around that problem?

GG~

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally, I wouldn't advice "going for it"....
If you do get a signal, you're going to be digging huge craters. All it takes is just "one" complaint from any beach-goer, and you'll likely have either beach patrol or the police department (or both!) kicking you off of the beach. I don't know about you, but the LAST thing I'd want to see is for beach detectorists to become affected by something like that.

Like someone else stated though, if you "know" there is something there... then do it, but I'd advice doing something like that at night. And also be sure that there aren't sea turtle nests anywhere in the vicinity, or you might get charged with disturbing them.

Bran <><

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
godisnum1 said:
Personally, I wouldn't advice "going for it"....
If you do get a signal, you're going to be digging huge craters. All it takes is just "one" complaint from any beach-goer, and you'll likely have either beach patrol or the police department (or both!) kicking you off of the beach. I don't know about you, but the LAST thing I'd want to see is for beach detectorists to become affected by something like that.

Like someone else stated though, if you "know" there is something there... then do it, but I'd advice doing something like that at night. And also be sure that there aren't sea turtle nests anywhere in the vicinity, or you might get charged with disturbing them.

Bran <><

Good advice Bran.

According to the tides my window of opportunity will be from about 6:00am - 8:00am each morning. Late nights would not work because of the tide. Good thing is, the beach is not located in a very populated area.

I guess running a suction pump into a classification system and screening box would be out of the question?

GG~

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goodyguy said:
Good advice Bran.

According to the tides my window of opportunity will be from about 6:00am - 8:00am each morning. Late nights would not work because of the tide. Good thing is, the beach is not located in a very populated area.

I guess running a suction pump into a classification system and screening box would be out of the question?

GG~

Well if it's not a very populated beach, you "may" be able to get away from it. I'm just used to the beaches over around the St Pete area... and they are ALWAYS busy! The only thing I can think of is people who like making other people's business their own. If there aren't any of those kind of people, you may be able to two-box until your heart is content! That's good that you're also keeping the tides in consideration... and since you'll be doing it that early in the morning, I highly doubt there's gonna be many people out anyway. Just be cautious where you dig. :wink:

Bran <><

A

Atticus Finch

A certain Moderator with no faith keeps deleting my posts..however before he gets to this one...

Take two Fresh Rold Gold nine inch very salted pretzels...ad some form of heat like cayenne pepper in oliveoil and soak the tips.
Then attach a nine volt battery to each hip and run a pure copper wire from each battery to each pretzel.

Hold out your arms like an Egyptian and do the dance thing,,all the while chanting.,.":A certain Moderator is..." and fill in any expletive you feel appropriate.

After focusing your Zen sense for approx. five minutes..you will be in the blue aura field of consciousness...allow yourself to transcend the biased regimen of current time and transcend into the realm of the Eternal Now. Soon you will feel the presence of all those whom died that fateful day...They will lead you to the place where your two box system should be turned on..

Peace,

Atticus Finch

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Atticus Finch said:
A certain Moderator with no faith keeps deleting my posts..however before he gets to this one...

Take two Fresh Rold Gold nine inch very salted pretzels...ad some form of heat like cayenne pepper in oliveoil and soak the tips.
Then attach a nine volt battery to each hip and run a pure copper wire from each battery to each pretzel.

Hold out your arms like an Egyptian and do the dance thing,,all the while chanting.,.":A certain Moderator is..." and fill in any expletive you feel appropriate.

After focusing your Zen sense for approx. five minutes..you will be in the blue aura field of consciousness...allow yourself to transcend the biased regimen of current time and transcend into the realm of the Eternal Now. Soon you will feel the presence of all those whom died that fateful day...They will lead you to the place where your two box system should be turned on..

Peace,

Atticus Finch

Is that the equivalent of swinging a dead cat over your head while standing in the middle of a graveyard at midnight? :icon_scratch: ;D

Funny you should mention that though. I do have and use dowsing rods to aid in finding treasure (gold). I also am learning to map dowse. And you are absolutely right about achieving the proper state of mind first. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• my gear.jpg
    my gear.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 461
  • my gear.jpg
    my gear.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 432
OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
Most Florida beaches have been "cut" 8-12 foot during storms, or up to 20 foot of sand added.

What was three foot deep at one time, could be deeper or washed out

Thanks SWR,

I appreciate your input even though I have already been advised of that possibility.

While I am aware of possible pitfalls, I tend to believe that when I am meant to find treasure then I find it.
And because my intentions are not motivated by selfishness I am always confident of being successful.

Do you know of an effective way to keep a three foot diameter hole in the sand from collapsing and filling with water while digging 3-5 feet down?

GG~

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
I am not aware of any belief systems required to locate and recover material objects. I am, however, aware of permitting restrictions when using heavy equipment on public beaches.

From the content of your posts that I've seen on T-Net, I can see that you are not aware of the power that positive thinking* has on the successful finding of treasure. Although not required, to recover material objects, I choose to add positive thinking to my arsenal of tools for the advantage it provides.

And though I wasn't looking for a heavy equipment solution for my dilemma, I still wish to thank you anyway, for trying.And since you are aware of the permitting restrictions on public beaches, do you know if a suction pump (pictured below) with 2" hose would be considered to be heavy equipment?

GG~

For your enlightenment:
* http://www.successconsciousness.com/index_000009.htm

Here is what the pump looks like.
pump.jpg

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
I am more than ecstatic that you have read all of my posts, and can now cast judgment.

Yes, the suction pump would be considered as heavy equipment, and a permit required to operate it.

So I guess this is out ;D ;D
digger.gif

Just Joking :icon_jokercolor:

I am happy that you are ecstatic, although I am sorry for feeling the need to cast judgment about your negativity. I suppose I took your remark about my belief system a little too personal.
However, I do thank you for your honest opinions on this mater.

Thanks again for your help,

GG~

Attachments

• digger.gif
    digger.gif
    69.7 KB · Views: 657

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I will share a tale that few know about. Might be urban legend and then again, it might be fact. Back in the 1930's, a man and his wife set up camp on Treasure Island. This was well before metal detectors even though Fisher was then building a two box. This couple were poor from the Depression but they set out with long probing rods and they would grid off a section of beach and probe down several feet. They did this over a period of years. Everybody thought they were nuts ::) until one day they arrived in town driving a brand new cadillac, dressed in fine clothes and showing the non-believers, old Spanish gold coins and large gemstones. :o They departed the area never to be seen again. Townspeople went out to their campsite and saw a mound of dirt in the distance. Upon examination, the hole was dug several feet down and the square impression still visible in the damp sand. Many people wondered where it came from and just how much would it have contained. Might be just Folklore but many pirates :icon_pirat: worked the Gulf Coast and Treasure Island got its name after several property owners attempted to boost sales of the properties being developed on the island by first burying and then "discovering" :tongue3:a couple of wooden chests on the beach. After claiming the chests were filled with treasure the news of the discovery quickly spread and people began calling the island Treasure Island. But I got that story from another source who saw it happen. He has passed on but remember, Gasparilla might be legend but Calico Jack, Black Casesar, Captain Ross and other pirates :icon_pirat: were factual and their caches still exist along the coast lines of Florida. :thumbsup:

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FLauthor said:
I will share a tale that few know about. Might be urban legend and then again, it might be fact. Back in the 1930's, a man and his wife set up camp on Treasure Island. This was well before metal detectors even though Fisher was then building a two box. This couple were poor from the Depression but they set out with long probing rods and they would grid off a section of beach and probe down several feet. They did this over a period of years. Everybody thought they were nuts ::) until one day they arrived in town driving a brand new cadillac, dressed in fine clothes and showing the non-believers, old Spanish gold coins and large gemstones. :o They departed the area never to be seen again. Townspeople went out to their campsite and saw a mound of dirt in the distance. Upon examination, the hole was dug several feet down and the square impression still visible in the damp sand. Many people wondered where it came from and just how much would it have contained. Might be just Folklore but many pirates :icon_pirat: worked the Gulf Coast and Treasure Island got its name after several property owners attempted to boost sales of the properties being developed on the island by first burying and then "discovering" :tongue3:a couple of wooden chests on the beach. After claiming the chests were filled with treasure the news of the discovery quickly spread and people began calling the island Treasure Island. But I got that story from another source who saw it happen. He has passed on but remember, Gasparilla might be legend but Calico Jack, Black Casesar, Captain Ross and other pirates :icon_pirat: were factual and their caches still exist along the coast lines of Florida. :thumbsup:

I can believe this story, because lets face it a rod would go deeper than most detectors, and the probability of hitting it would be about the same as swinging a detector a long. When you strike something with a rod you can pretty much tell if it is a can, bottle or something a bit more solid like a chest. You would have to have a pretty good ideal where it is though. But determination will get you everywhere, If I could pinpoint a radius that I knew held a chest, I would try it.

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In 94/95 we tested one over on the 1715 beaches and got rid of it about a week or so later. It was pretty worthless actually. As far as using heavy equipment goes, we also had access to it but only thought seriously about using it once (a lucky lowtide saved us the trouble). It was to be a night job.

If you start digging large holes you will be stopped if seen. All of our large digs (accept one) were done at night and the holes covered before we bailed out.

Good Luck with your digs.

Deepsix

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
deepsix47 said:
In 94/95 we tested one over on the 1715 beaches and got rid of it about a week or so later. It was pretty worthless actually. As far as using heavy equipment goes, we also had access to it but only thought seriously about using it once (a lucky lowtide saved us the trouble). It was to be a night job.

If you start digging large holes you will be stopped if seen. All of our large digs (accept one) were done at night and the holes covered before we bailed out.

Good Luck with your digs.

Deepsix

Thanks for the reply,

I'm curious If the two box was useless and you were digging large holes what were you using to detect the deep targets?

GG~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread