Venice 1st day

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Well my first day at Venice did not net me much in finds. I came back to the hotel with a little less than 2 dollars in clad, 1 nice beach towel and a sand bucket. The only reason I bothered to pick up the sand bucket was because I just wasn't finding anything at one of the beaches I went to. I ended up at 3 of them. At one I met Montuk3. He gave me a few pointers and was very nice. I wish I had taken my camera with me but I "planned" on getting in the water since I finally had my CZ back but.... as luck would have it the water was a little rough for me - plus all the warning signs about rip currents - so I stayed up on dry sand.

I took my son out for supper at Sharky's and it was very good. After that we walked it off by hunting until we just couldn't see anymore. I didn't find much but it was still a fun day. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. I will hunt in the morning and then I will have to head back home. My son has to work so as soon as he leaves for work I will head for the beaches. I hope your day was as good.

Upvote 0

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Hey Mumszie I was in Venice last Tues. , the day of the torrential rains. I got a little clad and also stopped at Sharkeys. Had some good fries and a nice morning detecting and collecting small sharks teeth. I always find the water rough there. Glad you got to enjoy the day.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you have a better day today dear!
I love detecting down at Venice... and Sharkey's is a really great place for a bite to eat as well!
Let us know how your hunt turns out today. :)

Bran <><

fldaphne

May 27, 2008
Gulfcoast of Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Beach Hunter ID
Glad to see you had a good time and got to visit with your son and hunt too - super!. That sure is a funny little find with the coin in between.

So glad you got your detector back and can get in the water.

Happy hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread