Ring ring.....

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
We had another good morning today. I planned on hunting mainly in the water while my daughter would stay in the dry sand. She had the best day she has had so far! She found 2 hotel trays, a small boogie board, a handful of clad AND she found a SILVER British Half Crown. I looked it up on the internet it is a 1942 coin and is silver. Whoooo hooooo! Good going Andie!

AndieFinds0426091.jpg

AndieHalfCrown042609.jpg

My hunt did not start off so good. I was getting absolutely NO hits whatsoever. Well that is not quite true. I did get one penny and one hairpin. **sigh** So I decided to come out of the water and hunt dry sand for a while so I could go home with at least a few coins. It's a good thing I did! I ended up with a few coins and not one but two rings! YEAH BABY! TWO RINGS. The first one "looks" gold and when I first saw it I though I had ICE too. But... that was not to be. What looks like diamonds is just tiny silver looking things. Inside the ring it is stamped 925 on one side and China on the other side. So is it silver? I don't know. It is a gold color but with the 925 stamp inside I guess it's silver??????

Ring0426091.jpg

The other one really rang off! I thought WOW this is a silver ring. NOPE - no markings at all in this one. Plus the silver is wearing off in a few places so it is just a pos ring but what the hay..... I like it anyway.

Ring0426092.jpg

Rings042609both.jpg

I also found a fork, probably from one of the hotels, a towel, a few plastic toys, a Canadian quarter and a total of 17 cents in clad. I'll take it! I'm happy.

:wink:

Upvote 0

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Do I detect a bit more confidence?

Positive attitude does really help.

HH

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Yep, today was great! I had a long dry spell but I'm doing pretty good now. I hope I didn't blow it by bragging too much! LOL You never did answer my email - I was wonding how you did that day we met in Venice????

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
excellent job last couple hunts Mumszie ...... if you find 2 rings every time you go out...we wont be able to find any lol....... if I am not mistaken if it is marked .925 and is gold colored it is "vermeil"...meaning gold over silver.....someone correct me if I am wrong

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Marty-Graw said:
excellent job last couple hunts Mumszie ...... if you find 2 rings every time you go out...we wont be able to find any lol....... if I am not mistaken if it is marked .925 and is gold colored it is "vermeil"...meaning gold over silver.....someone correct me if I am wrong

WOW That was great information! I looked it up on the internet and I think you are right! I've never heard of that before. Thanks for the help! :thumbsup:

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats for the rings.The Chines start to make some yellow silver.It is look like gold but it is 925 stamp.
I found couple of this !@#$ too. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool hunt two rings is better then one....Matt

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very cool day indeed. Does the half crown have we writting around the rim? I found an english pound once, my favorite coin so far and it had writting around it. I love the way they make thier coins.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, Mumszie :thumbsup: You too, Andie!!

:wink: RR

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the 925 china is -- sterling silver with a gold elecro plating type over coating (chinese made)*

the other is most likely a chrome plated pos ring --- thus silver colored and it "looks like" silver but its not.

but hey the ones silver after all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread