Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I hunted Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Found 3 rings, my first gold ring of 2009, and 2 others, one being a toe.
I am hunting in the water on sat. and a fellow comes down from a condo. And asks me to see if I can find a gold band for him. Seems a young girl from Germany was visiting his family and she lost it Friday in front of their condo. He draws a square box in the sand with my scoop and 5 or 6 mins. I snag it. No camera so I had go back and take a pic the next day with my cell phone.
Sunday I am doing the same and a fellow runs down to me and says…………mister mister, can u help me find my wedding band I just lost in the water. He says I have my buddy standing near the spot. Off we go, this one takes a little longer, but my excel. Snags it also------------------ WOULD U BELIEVE HIS WEDDING BAND IS of all things……………..Tungsten carbine, I knew it was not gold when I hit it, just guessed it was a quarter or something……………….he is happy and I am 20 bucks richer.
Monday I did not hunt the water, just the slew area in pic, bottle caps, sinkers and lots of alum.
The spins

Attachments

• beach427.jpg
    beach427.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 494
  • gold1.jpg
    gold1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 484
  • gold2.jpg
    gold2.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 489
  • weekendnut427.jpg
    weekendnut427.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 486
Upvote 0

LarryinVT

Greenie
Oct 16, 2007
Waterville, VT
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Job well done, Max! We'll be crossing that bridge in the background of picture #3 next week - headed for OBX. We'll look for ya!

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
WTG helping out finding the lost rings and and even BIGGER WTG for actually finding them! Stupid question here... what is a slew? Is that the area that is kind of like a trough of water at the edge of the sand, like a little dip?

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Nice work there!! congrats and glad your hunting season is starting to pick up.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on your hunt and finding the rings. I see you are in Virgina Beach aI will be that way next month May 18th thur the 21st I will be staying at the Travelodge maybe we can get together for a hunt....Matt

OP
OP
gravediggermax-vabeachva

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mums..........yes it is just that..........sometimes here on the bay beach, it will be as much as 5 or 6ft. wide and as narrow as 1ft.........in years past, i have usually done ok.

now larry...........have good luck at the OBX........but watch out for the soda pop pirates, if u do not know of them, u better google

Matt............come on down.......18th. things will be cooking ok by then - give me a ring-757-630-9688

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread