Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well I finally got some rings at the beach. The recent heat wave we had just did not produce, at least for me and it was not for a lack of trying.

I decided to switch tactics and try to locate some "leavings" missed by the other detectorists. Instead of the blanket line I did a trash can line which remained relatively undetected. It paid off with a couple of Silver rings. #35 and #36 in my second ring case of 36 capacity.

Ring photo is with a small Jade plant bonsai.

AND....to commemorate the filling of my Second Ring Case....I've included a photo. Gotta Love this Hobby!

This is dry sand at about 5" to 6" deep with my Whites PI. I love this detector for the wet sand and have found it quite effective in the dry. The only limitation is that it goes a bit too deep at my boating beach where some of the sand is only a few inches deep in spots. I pick up the old iron deep in the dirt underlayer.

HH Joe

Attachments

• Silver rings sm.jpg
    Silver rings sm.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 412
  • Case 2 Filled sm.jpg
    Case 2 Filled sm.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 407
Upvote 0

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice grouping of goodies.

I have found many nice items in zones that were filled with trash. I guess the others gave up. Better for us.

Congrats on the new rings...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread