More Equipment Opinions

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
Greetings all.? First I'd like to thank all of you veterans out there for the absolute wealth of info you have here.? I've only just found this forum a few days ago and have spent much more time reading and searching than sleeping ever since.? Suffice to say that you have successfully sucked me in.? I've always been a history buff, so the possibility of finding anything that has a story fascinates me... of course finding the occasional gold or rare coin wouldn't be too shabby, either ;-) .

Along with this site I have also been checking out info and reviews on various models and after receiving a reply from Kellyco reference a starter MD primarily from beach and shallow use under $300 I was intersted in soliciting your opinions and experience.? Given the afforementioned criteria, Kellyco suggested the Classic III and the Titan 3000XD.? It seems I've seen more comments concerning the White's than the Titan, so I was curious what you all thought.?

I had also hoped to perhaps go a little less expensive, they seemed to take my "under $300" more towards the "as close to $300", which is fine, I know they have a pretty good rep (my father purchased one through them a few months ago and has been pleased) so I don't feel as if I was being screwed with.? It seems the Titan line looks to be pretty good, but is there much of a difference between the upperpriced 3000 and the 1000?? I'm a novice and will be happy to have an easy to use model that does not have to be able to substitute for the launch controls on the space shuttle, but of course want something that will help in every way possible.

I'll be hitting the Sarasota to Tampa area beaches for the most part, with whatever area historical sites that I can dig up in research and get permission for as well so I really need an all around, affordable and workable model.? Affordable being high on the list, for fear my wife will..... well, I'm sure the married among you can finish that thought in many ways!

Thanks again for all the great info and your time.

Kevin

Upvote 0

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My suggestion: If you can find a local dealer to rent one to you-- try that first. You will learn quickly which features you like best and which ones just don't help. When you commit to a detector, get the best one you can afford. If you want good discrimination you will have to pay for it. Otherwise you might find yourself digging so much trash as to make you think twice about the hobby. Sad but true.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread