She kicked my bu**

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
We went to the beach very early this morning and I met several MD'ers down there. I got to meet Snookison for the first time in person. Real nice guy and what a hunter! But I will let him tell you about his finds. I am green with envy I must say!

We started off in the dry sand since it was still dark and I don't get in the water when it's dark. I know.... I know I'm a coward but I have enough things that scare me without getting in the water and not being able to "see" anything. LOL Anyway one of my daughters first hits was this beautiful gold ring with 9 diamonds. I was biting my tongue! It is sooooo pretty.

AndieRing0503092.jpg

AndieRing0503093.jpg

We thought it was real but as I've said it was still dark and we couldn't tell until it got light out and ..... alas it is not a "good" one. DARN! I really thought she found a good one! Still.... it sure is a purdy one!

Did she stop there? OH NO SHE DID NOT! She went on and found a five-dollar bill, a Samsung cell phone that doesn't turn on, a real nice pair of kids leather shoes (which she saves and donates to Daystar), several lighters - one with a lighter leash on it, sunglasses, a broken chain, a cheapo necklace that is broken, lots of plastic toys which she usually throws out in tot lots like I do and a nerf football to give to her son. This girl cleaned up today!

AndieFinds0503091.jpg

AndieFinds0503092.jpg

AndieNecklace050309.jpg

What did I find? Well not much! I found a total of $1.11 in clad, 2 lighters, a few toys including a small nerf football (not in as good a shape as the one she found) & one of the biggest cheapo hoop earrings I've ever seen. I thought it was a bangle bracelet when I first brought it up but it was an earring.

JunknMoney050309.jpg

Earring050309.jpg

Like I said - she kicked my bu** this morning! Ah girl..... WTG Andie!

Then to add to my misery I met Vinny down there as we were leaving and he found a beautiful 18k white gold wedding band. Well there's always tomorrow! I can't wait!

Upvote 0

fldaphne

May 27, 2008
Gulfcoast of Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Beach Hunter ID
What fun to read about your finds! My heart would have been just thumping away if I scooped up that ring - it sure is pretty. Anyway, I am glad to see you have a detector buddy, too - thanks for posting.

graffixgirl

Apr 6, 2008
Orlando
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 800_MineLab Excalibur II_Titan3000DX w/DDcoil_minelab 505 w/DD coil AND "My vibe"
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
always like reading your posts Mumsie. I look at it like, plenty of vitamin D,excercise and usually great company....N finding the "SWAG" is just the icing on the cake. I am with you aabout getting in the water when it is dark, will go up to knees but it creeps me out too.
Peace and HH
GG

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
that was a heart stopper for sure!! too bad it isn't real but it sure is pretty!

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She kicked your fanny....but at least you both had a good time. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

See you on the beach in a few days.

JP

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
All good finds at least you didn't get skunked. I've been in the water with sand sharks, small gators and even had a water moccassin swim between me and a hunting partner. I was wading on an old steam boat wreck in Lake Harris when a hunting partner said a 'gator longer than my 14 foot boat was heading in my direction. LOL, I retreated to the high ground.
I really don't like snakes, they are unpredictable. No, I won't hunt at night either but I've hunted black water and believe that is an eerie feeling 6 - 8 feet down but oh waht treasures are to be found. Great job, Mumzie, it can only get better. :thumbsup:

ramfan

May 30, 2008
Myrtle Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett F250/F150
Primary Interest:
must be a treasure just to hunt with your daughter!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread