South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FSS said:
Hello, here any really good treasure stories lately. LOL Cotton, Guzz any words? LOL

Mark
Only yours.lol.............Cotton

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yea Mark Saw the biggest treasure STORY of all time in your little video there ... lol guzz

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Good luck to you as well Brian :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: GUZZ

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok boys!!!! settle down. I don't know about Florida, but I can tell you that it happens here. I have seen ring after ring after ring along with other good stuff being pulled out of a hole. That same hole that at lest 4 other hunters hunt every day for years. It seems these things sometimes just open up and it might only be 5-10 minute window for that day or it could be an hour. Then the next thing you know nada zip, you can't even find a pull tab. I think nature has a way to sort through its debris, and when it sinks into the sand that a pull or current underneath picks it up and swirls it down the beach maybe for miles and drops it into one of these holes. That is the only thing I can think of that would explain why some areas always seem to have stuff no matter how many people hunt it, and the finds are both old and new to the water, and you know that the spot has been hit by many and no way was it just missed. You just got to really know how and when to work it, or you get damn lucky and hit it at the right time.
Just my 2 cents.

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Kinda like hitting the lotto I guess TX,,, It does happen now and then. and I didn't call anyone lier .. And I don't Have to go to some meeting to learn about metal detecting Mark, thanks for the invite though . I just had to say what I felt ,and I'm Not backing off of my statement, If I told you that found 28 peaces of gold in one month MARK, You would tell me I was full of crapolla , and so would everyone else on this forum ANd I wouldn't blame you for thinking it.. SO Thats it , Im not gonna waste my time discussing this any further...... I won't be posting on this forum any longer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Happy hunting Ya'all GUZZ1

Cavedweller

May 6, 2008
My two cents : I have to agree with Guzz and Cotton. I find it really hard to believe and just because you have a picture of a handful of gold doesn't prove that you found it metal detecting.
FSS: I met you last year at the beach picnic and you did nothing but put down the hobby because you were upset that there were too many hunters and you were not finding as much. Then you made a posting that you found a new hobby( getting more gold ) and did not have to dig for it.
I have found that if you find that much gold that you also find about that much silver rings and where are all your coins????? I FOR ONE--AM NOT GULLIBLE--I KNOW WHAT REALITY IS
If you guys are finding fists full of gold so would everybody else and I'am not seeing it!
Cavedweller

OP
OP
Surfdigger

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
guzz1 said:
Kinda like hitting the lotto I guess TX,,, It does happen now and then. and I didn't call anyone lier .. And I don't Have to go to some meeting to learn about metal detecting Mark, thanks for the invite though . I just had to say what I felt ,and I'm Not backing off of my statement, If I told you that found 28 peaces of gold in one month MARK, You would tell me I was full of crapolla , and so would everyone else on this forum ANd I wouldn't blame you for thinking it.. SO Thats it , Im not gonna waste my time discussing this any further...... I won't be posting on this forum any longer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Happy hunting Ya'all GUZZ1

One last word on this Guzz......I know you didn't call him a liar.....but just do yourself and everyone else here a favor....don't say anything negative like.....that you have a hard time believing that anyone could find that much gold in that short of time or anything else inflamatory like that....just be happy for the person that found it and or just keep any negative thoughts and opinions to yourself....it would save lots of pissing back and forth on this and other forums.....but anyway.....I wish you good luck this season.....and I hope you find your own glory hole out there too (oh....by the way...have a talk with Cotton maybe you can persuade him to be a little more kinder and gentler in the future) LOL.....HH....Brian

OP
OP
Surfdigger

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Cavedweller said:
My two cents : I have to agree with Guzz and Cotton. I find it really hard to believe and just because you have a picture of a handful of gold doesn't prove that you found it metal detecting.
FSS: I met you last year at the beach picnic and you did nothing but put down the hobby because you were upset that there were too many hunters and you were not finding as much. Then you made a posting that you found a new hobby( getting more gold ) and did not have to dig for it.
I have found that if you find that much gold that you also find about that much silver rings and where are all your coins????? I FOR ONE--AM NOT GULLIBLE--I KNOW WHAT REALITY IS
If you guys are finding fists full of gold so would everybody else and I'am not seeing it!
Cavedweller

Awwww....cmon CD we all have to stop this crap on here!! They really really found that gold in that short period of time....but like I said before.....No big deal if you don't believe it.....Mark and john have the gold and ultimately the cash that gold will bring in their pockets......just be happy for them or simply SHUTUP!!.....sheesh!!.....verry imature and petty jealousy if you ask me.....hope you figure it out....HH....Brian

Cavedweller

May 6, 2008
I'am not jealous of anybody - I have my own gold and silver that i know i truely found ---
I never said anything negative or told anybody to shut-up---
If you don't like what I said then don't reply and by the way I was talking to FSS not to surfdigger.
That's why I quit posting to this forum, but I just could'nt resist this one----
Cavedweller

Jun 28, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 10", Excalibur Sword 8", Sovereign XS2a Pro, Equinox 800, Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
I wasn't going to get involved in this discussion but I feel that I have to now. I hunt with Mark a lot and I was with him when we found the hole. Personally, I've never hunted a hole that produced this much gold so fast. As we were digging up the gold we were looking at each other in near disbelief. It was like something you only read about in the treasure magazines. You guys can believe or not believe what you want but I'm telling you that this happened. I've found 26 pieces of gold jewelry since May 1st. Not all of it came from "the hole" but most of it did.

There are other detectorists out there who find a lot more than Mark and I do. Most of them never talk about their finds or post on the forums. I personally know hunters who find way more than I do. They find more because they get out there every day, look for new places to hunt, and through years of experience they know what conditions to look for.

I used to be a member of a club up in Saint Petersburg. They had another member who hunted every day. I guess you could call him a "pro". He would show up to the meetings with a handful of gold and diamonds every month. There were even cases of other members stalking him trying to find his "secret" hunting locations. I don't recall anyone ever saying that he was not actually finding the stuff he showed us.

Mark and I didn't post our finds or try to brag about what we found. Surfdigger included two still shots of our finds in the last few seconds of his video. It was not something we asked him to do. So the word got out. You can choose to believe that it's all fiction if you want. I really don't care. I know in my heart what the truth is.

John

Sorroque

Jan 5, 2007
Canaberal de Ayzm
Detector(s) used
GMHCX3
Surfdigger said:
Well.....I finally got around to editing all the little video snipets from my Florida Vacation all taken while detecting in the Gulf of Mexico.....check it out....hope you like it....HH....Brian

http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/gg215/surfdigger_photos/?action=view&current=da8f998b.pbr
I have not begun my water hunting. I bought a beach detector years ago, gmhcx3, and have not found an awful lot.
I have noticed that after certain weather patterns I would hunt the same locations on land and find coins from like 1967. And most of the coins were from the era. They weren't there last week but these old crustys were there now.
Also a man with 40 years experience hunted directly behind me and plucked a gold ring. I did not even read it and yet he did. You have really got to have the knows about this stuff!
After rains on beach I find the most. Green water days I found more.
The sand shifts and the treasures move around.
I have read about glory holes and how they are formed. Some glory holes have been found without a metal detector just by professional treasure hunters who know the history and location and possibility of it's presence. Like all that stuff Robert Marx found on a Carribean Beach in shallow water and all he used was his hand to fan away . This takes alot of Knows!
I hope to acquire Knows too! :headbang:
Pleasant water photography and one could
see all the Carribean Pine Trees lineing the beach as far as you can see. Old seeds from old pirate clothes that fell off and began to grow! - "Spanish Trace".
There was a dire need to see some detecting and some finding going on in the video. We saw alot of fish, are those Menhaden? I 'tink I saw a Bonefish. The flick is about 14 minutes long and really good!
Maybe a hotel could use this film to advertise this beautiful beach, but the treasure does not materialise until the last minute of the film.
Good finds and good hunting! :read2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread