Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
Upvote 0

misiek

Nov 2, 2007
Plattsburgh,NY & Mississauga,Ontario
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax
Would you be kind enough to tell me what kind of accessories you use and which detectors would you recommend looking at?? I am trying to eventually get into detecting in the water, but all I have right now is a Silver UMax...Nice video though, beautyful beaches : )

Thanks!

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice video. It shows the stuff is there, one just has to find it. :)

I was hunting some of the same beaches a couple of weeks ago. My luck was four rings, all junk, and around $10 in change.

Siesta Key is such a nice place and should have more there. It is really pounded by hunters all day and part of the night. I've pulled a few nice pieces out of there, but not much. It seems like somebody is seeding it with pennies. Towards the shore line it is filled with them, I went to deeper water after digging 20 of them, a few wheat cents too. I wish they would be kind and throw a 1909-S VDB out there.

Those were some really nice finds that you guys had.

Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
Surfdigger

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
misiek said:
Would you be kind enough to tell me what kind of accessories you use and which detectors would you recommend looking at?? I am trying to eventually get into detecting in the water, but all I have right now is a Silver UMax...Nice video though, beautyful beaches : )

Thanks!
The Excalibur and the Excalibur II is probably the best choice for the shallow water.....

Attachments

• Digger.jpg
    Digger.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 880
  • straight shaft.jpg
    straight shaft.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 817

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Great video. I am curious on how you do it? What to you take the video pictures with? I would assume that it would have to be waterproof. I do slideshows using digital photos but I like the video you did using sound. It's great so lets see some more!

OP
OP
Surfdigger

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
mumszie said:
Great video. I am curious on how you do it? What to you take the video pictures with? I would assume that it would have to be waterproof. I do slideshows using digital photos but I like the video you did using sound. It's great so lets see some more!

Hi Mumsie.....I simply use a Pentax W-10 digital waterproof camera I think I paid $160.00 for it......I use the video feature and then upload them to my photobucket account and use the video edit software there to edit the film snipets.....I will be adding more as the season goes on....HH...Brian

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
NIce video Brian. Felt like home. The Bradenton beach you showed is where I go regularly and the Coquina beach area you hunted is where I have found several gold rings in the dry sand! I"m hoping to get into the water for the first time this summer.

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I live here and hunt those beaches everyday and I find this very hard to believe ,, And I use the same gear. excal 1000,,,,,,, guzz1 :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt the same beachs for years,An so does about 20 other hunters,And never came out with 3 fist of gold.Us locals are laughing at this post an giving you guys a chears can you smell the finger? What are you guys smoking.Or drinking hell i need some of that. :tongue3: :tongue3:

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Capt. J said:
Siesta Key is such a nice place and should have more there. It is really pounded by hunters all day and part of the night. I've pulled a few nice pieces out of there, but not much. It seems like somebody is seeding it with pennies. Towards the shore line it is filled with them, I went to deeper water after digging 20 of them, a few wheat cents too. I wish they would be kind and throw a 1909-S VDB out there.

Tourists are probably the cause of the "salting/seeding". They seem to get some kind of pleasure out of doing this.

Deepsix

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
deepsix47 said:
Capt. J said:

Tourists are probably the cause of the "salting/seeding". They seem to get some kind of pleasure out of doing this.

Deepsix
What ??? :icon_scratch:

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
deepsix47 said:
Capt. J said:

Deepsix

I have no doubt in it. It seemed like someone dumped their piggy bank of pennies in a 20 foot section. No matter where my coil went there were pennies. There were (exagerating a little) hundreds of penny signals. That's why I prefer to hunt in the evening or early morning. I've seen a few times where "jerks" would throw pennies in the path of people with metal detectors. I guess they get some kind of excitement from it. I'm sure a few of them in their process of being "cool" has lost a few rings here and there.

As for the video, I assume that these were finds over a period of time, maybe several days. I guess if one hits it at the right day at the right time anything is possible. I remember a day that I found 2 gold rings a few minutes apart and nobody else around found anything at least at that moment. If the coil doesn't pass over it you aren't going to find it. The video is cool and nice to see rather then a bunch of pictures. It would be nice if others would post more videos.

OP
OP
Surfdigger

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
guzz1 said:
I live here and hunt those beaches everyday and I find this very hard to believe ,, And I use the same gear. excal 1000,,,,,,, guzz1 :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

Guzz........I'm not going to try and convince you....you know Mark and I think you know John too.....they are very experienced and they know where the holes are (the gold wasn't found at Siesta That's all I can say) What they found in those two weeks doesn't happen all the time they just got an opportunity and took advantage of it thats all.....I'm sorry that you doubt the finds....anyway......HH.....Brian

OP
OP
Surfdigger

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
COTTON said:
I hunt the same beachs for years,An so does about 20 other hunters,And never came out with 3 fist of gold.Us locals are laughing at this post an giving you guys a chears can you smell the finger? What are you guys smoking.Or drinking hell i need some of that. :tongue3: :tongue3:

color=blue]That's Cool.......It really doesn't matter to me or Mark and John if you believe it or not.....I didn't find anything near what they did......they know those waters and they found a hole......and they had a field day or days :icon_thumleft: anyway.....they are the ones with the S**t eatin grins on their faces and I guess that's what is so satisfying about finding stuff that the rest of the pack just can't believe!! LOL
PS. Do you belong to the Manatee club....if you do....then show up at the next meeting....see it for yourself....that simple.....HH....Brian
[/color]

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[[/quote]
[/quote] What ??? :icon_scratch:
[/quote]

I really don't have the time to explain this to you or get into the psychological reasons they would do it other then to say that I've watched it happen.

One clown threw a hand full of pennies out on Clearwater Beach and then sat in a lounge chair and giggled with his wife like little kids while they watched a guy spend awhile digging them up. I can give more examples of it but that's an easily understood one.

Deepsix

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
BRIAN all I know is I hunt these waters just as much as they do if not more . I do hunt these waters more than they do,, And my gold count is way down from last year... If they did find a hole out there , then got extremely lucky , Like hitting the lotto . finding that much gold in that short amount of time is very rare ,,I do know Mark and John and they good hunters . But you have to see my point as well. You know yourself how frustrating this hobby can be . I mean No disrespect,, Good luck... Guzz

OP
OP
Surfdigger

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
guzz1 said:
BRIAN all I know is I hunt these waters just as much as they do if not more . I do hunt these waters more than they do,, And my gold count is way down from last year... If they did find a hole out there , then got extremely lucky , Like hitting the lotto . finding that much gold in that short amount of time is very rare ,,I do know Mark and John and they good hunters . But you have to see my point as well. You know yourself how frustrating this hobby can be . I mean No disrespect,, Good luck... Guzz

Guzz.....I have been hunting down here every year for the last 20 years I come down to my condo on Longboat key every year and I know what you are saying about how rare it is and I know that it is too.....those guys found a hole....they were very closed mouth about it during those first two weeks while it was open and producing....it's all sanded over now and the window of opportunity has passed....hey.....they were in the right place at the right time....It has happened before I have personally seen it. I don't think they would have said anything if I hadn't anyway......Good luck this season...I hope you find your hole!.....HH....Brian

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions