Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Jan 2008
    South Jersey Shore
    Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
    63 times

My Florida metal detecting video....

Well.....I finally got around to editing all the little video snipets from my Florida Vacation all taken while detecting in the Gulf of Mexico.....check it out....hope you like it....HH....Brian

http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/g...t=da8f998b.pbr

Nov 2007
    Plattsburgh,NY & Mississauga,Ontario
    Silver Umax

Re: My Florida metal detecting video....

Would you be kind enough to tell me what kind of accessories you use and which detectors would you recommend looking at?? I am trying to eventually get into detecting in the water, but all I have right now is a Silver UMax...Nice video though, beautyful beaches : )

Thanks!

JP
    us
    May 2006
    Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
    Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
    9 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Nice video. It shows the stuff is there, one just has to find it.

I was hunting some of the same beaches a couple of weeks ago. My luck was four rings, all junk, and around $10 in change.

Siesta Key is such a nice place and should have more there. It is really pounded by hunters all day and part of the night. I've pulled a few nice pieces out of there, but not much. It seems like somebody is seeding it with pennies. Towards the shore line it is filled with them, I went to deeper water after digging 20 of them, a few wheat cents too. I wish they would be kind and throw a 1909-S VDB out there.

Those were some really nice finds that you guys had.

Thanks for sharing.
    Adventurer, warrior, mercenary, treasure hunter...

Jan 2008
    South Jersey Shore
    63 times

Quote Originally Posted by misiek
    Would you be kind enough to tell me what kind of accessories you use and which detectors would you recommend looking at?? I am trying to eventually get into detecting in the water, but all I have right now is a Silver UMax...Nice video though, beautyful beaches : )

Thanks!
    The Excalibur and the Excalibur II is probably the best choice for the shallow water.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Digger.jpg 
Views:	736 
Size:	129.9 KB 
ID:	300944   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	straight shaft.jpg 
Views:	697 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	300945  

us
    Feb 2005
    Spring Hill, Florida
    96 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Great video. I am curious on how you do it? What to you take the video pictures with? I would assume that it would have to be waterproof. I do slideshows using digital photos but I like the video you did using sound. It's great so lets see some more!

Garrett GTI 1500, CZ-20, White's Dual PI, Bounty Hunter QD II, Ace 250, Determination & persistence!

Jan 2008
    South Jersey Shore
    63 times

Quote Originally Posted by mumszie
    Great video. I am curious on how you do it? What to you take the video pictures with? I would assume that it would have to be waterproof. I do slideshows using digital photos but I like the video you did using sound. It's great so lets see some more!

Hi Mumsie.....I simply use a Pentax W-10 digital waterproof camera I think I paid $160.00 for it......I use the video feature and then upload them to my photobucket account and use the video edit software there to edit the film snipets.....I will be adding more as the season goes on....HH...Brian

Feb 2007
    Bradenton, Fl
    ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac
    565 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

NIce video Brian. Felt like home. The Bradenton beach you showed is where I go regularly and the Coquina beach area you hunted is where I have found several gold rings in the dry sand! I"m hoping to get into the water for the first time this summer.
    Debby

us
    Apr 2008
    9 times

------ ---- ----

us
    Nov 2007
    SOMEWHERE IN FLORIDA
    Garrett AT PRO
    5 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

I live here and hunt those beaches everyday and I find this very hard to believe ,, And I use the same gear. excal 1000,,,,,,, guzz1

us
    Apr 2008
    9 times

I hunt the same beachs for years,An so does about 20 other hunters,And never came out with 3 fist of gold.Us locals are laughing at this post an giving you guys a chears can you smell the finger? What are you guys smoking.Or drinking hell i need some of that.

us
    Feb 2005
    Spring Hill, Florida
    96 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by guzz1
    I live here and hunt those beaches everyday and I find this very hard to believe ,, And I use the same gear. excal 1000,,,,,,, guzz1
    What do you find hard to believe? The finds?
    Garrett GTI 1500, CZ-20, White's Dual PI, Bounty Hunter QD II, Ace 250, Determination & persistence!

Jul 2006
    Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. J
    Siesta Key is such a nice place and should have more there. It is really pounded by hunters all day and part of the night. I've pulled a few nice pieces out of there, but not much. It seems like somebody is seeding it with pennies. Towards the shore line it is filled with them, I went to deeper water after digging 20 of them, a few wheat cents too. I wish they would be kind and throw a 1909-S VDB out there.
    Tourists are probably the cause of the "salting/seeding". They seem to get some kind of pleasure out of doing this.

Deepsix

us
    Apr 2008
    9 times

Quote Originally Posted by deepsix47
    Tourists are probably the cause of the "salting/seeding". They seem to get some kind of pleasure out of doing this.

Deepsix
    What

JP
    us
    May 2006
    Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
    Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
    9 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by deepsix47

Deepsix
    I have no doubt in it. It seemed like someone dumped their piggy bank of pennies in a 20 foot section. No matter where my coil went there were pennies. There were (exagerating a little) hundreds of penny signals. That's why I prefer to hunt in the evening or early morning. I've seen a few times where "jerks" would throw pennies in the path of people with metal detectors. I guess they get some kind of excitement from it. I'm sure a few of them in their process of being "cool" has lost a few rings here and there.

As for the video, I assume that these were finds over a period of time, maybe several days. I guess if one hits it at the right day at the right time anything is possible. I remember a day that I found 2 gold rings a few minutes apart and nobody else around found anything at least at that moment. If the coil doesn't pass over it you aren't going to find it. The video is cool and nice to see rather then a bunch of pictures. It would be nice if others would post more videos.

Adventurer, warrior, mercenary, treasure hunter...

Jan 2008
    South Jersey Shore
    63 times

Quote Originally Posted by guzz1
    Guzz........I'm not going to try and convince you....you know Mark and I think you know John too.....they are very experienced and they know where the holes are (the gold wasn't found at Siesta That's all I can say) What they found in those two weeks doesn't happen all the time they just got an opportunity and took advantage of it thats all.....I'm sorry that you doubt the finds....anyway......HH.....Brian

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsors