txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My brothers, sister in law, and I went to a beach in Corpus Christi, on Memorial Day, we got there a little late, but it wasn't too packed. Ran into another detector out there that said he wasn't finding much and that it was all sanded in. He was right! about the only thing I was hitting on was bottle caps, and then bam!!!! my luck changed and I pulled out 3 rings within the hour. A little change and a silver earring, but that was it. For whatever I reason the Metal Detecting Gods decided to smile down on me I am grateful. My brothers didn't find much a couple cars and clad between them. My sister in law fared worse not only did she not find much, she walked in the water to talk to one of my brothers with her touch phone(yep we were all saying no no get out of the water don't do we find phones all the time by people thinking they are careful) and as she was walking back she triped over some cement that was in the water, banged herself up good, and her phone was history. Poor thing.

Well for me the day was good, 2 silver rings and a white gold 10k with 1/2ct of diamonds. :sunny: It sparkles.
I also found another Russian coin ??? Last weekend 3hrs away on South Padre I found 2 of them, then now I go to Corpus and find one there the next weekend. STRANGE. All I can say is-------COME ON BABY KRUGGERRAND NEXT

Attachments

• JEWELRY 112.jpg
    JEWELRY 112.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 325
  • JEWELRY 113.jpg
    JEWELRY 113.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 337
  • JEWELRY 114.jpg
    JEWELRY 114.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 329
  • JEWELRY 115.jpg
    JEWELRY 115.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 321
  • JEWELRY 117.jpg
    JEWELRY 117.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 330
Upvote 0
OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was sure surprised pulling it out and seeing it shine.

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the Clad looks like it's been there for awhile. That;s a good thing and is a good indicator other goodies could still be around also.

Deepsix

graffixgirl

Apr 6, 2008
Orlando
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 800_MineLab Excalibur II_Titan3000DX w/DDcoil_minelab 505 w/DD coil AND "My vibe"
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
very nice for sure!! yea sometimes the clouds part and the swag gods shine on us. glad it was your day!
GG

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Russian coin was 1996, its nickle based metal, the 2 I found on south padre were both dated 1995 but they were gold in color not sure what metal they are.

My brother found a cein peso from 1977 its 72% silver, big and heavy, nice looking coin.

I am so glad this has been a short week, and I will be able to hit the water again come Saturday morning.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread