1 gold, 1 silver & one junk

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
1 gold, 1 silver & one junk

Today was pretty good.

MoneynJunk061909.jpg

I stepped in the water and found a junk ring right off the bat! This one is just like the one I found last week that had LOVE written all around it but this one has stars instead.

RingJunk061909.jpg

About an hour later I got this little ring and at first I thought it was junk too but then got to thinking that silver turns black so maybe......... I've used silver cleaner on it and I have a cleaning cloth and a polishing cloth but I still can't get it to shine but I can make out the 925 inside so it IS silver. ALL RIGHT! It is just a little toe ring but pretty. I'll keep working on it but I don't have the knack for cleaning this stuff like some of you do.

RingSilver061909.jpg

Then people started showing up at the beach and getting into the water. I had a couple of kids following me around asking a bunch of questions and I was getting tired anyway so I started back to the shore and BAM! I got a nice hit about ankle deep in the water and it was GOLD! It is 10k.

Ringgold10k061909.jpg

I got about 34 cents in clad and the usual junk as well. All in all... it was a great morning! :wink:

Upvote 0

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Re: 1 gold, 1 silver & one junk

Sweet finds Mumzsie! :hello2: :hello2:

I put my blackened silver rings in a vinegar solution with a bit of salt added and sitting on a little chunk of aluminum foil. After a few minutes or few hours wash off some off the black gunk and polish up with baking soda.

HH Joe

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida

DrJoePrime said:
Sweet finds Mumzsie! :hello2: :hello2:

I put my blackened silver rings in a vinegar solution with a bit of salt added and sitting on a little chunk of aluminum foil. After a few minutes or few hours wash off some off the black gunk and polish up with baking soda.

HH Joe

Shoot! I knew that! My memory is so lousy that I forgot about doing that! Thanks - I will give that a try!

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a

Nice finds....I like that Gold wedding band!! glad to see you back in the water....definitely making a difference in your finds!!.....HH...Brian

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Now that's a productive start to the summer. May you find many more of the same. Your lucks turned now.

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida

Well I messed the little silver ring up but good. I did the vinegar and salt solution and had to run a couple of errands. I got back about 4 hours later and boy was there gunk on it! I cleaned the gunk off and it is a little cleaner but still doesn't shine like silver and I lost the little blue stone that was in it! But you can definitely see the 925 inside now clearly. Oh well live and learn!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mumszie said:
Well I messed the little silver ring up but good. I did the vinegar and salt solution and had to run a couple of errands. I got back about 4 hours later and boy was there gunk on it! I cleaned the gunk off and it is a little cleaner but still doesn't shine like silver and I lost the little blue stone that was in it! But you can definitely see the 925 inside now clearly. Oh well live and learn!

You didn't mess it up - its just really, really thickly tarnished. Here's a way to give it another try.
Put a piece of tin foil in the bottom of a bowl. Set the ring on it, cover it with baking soda and a pinch of salt and then pour boiling water of it and let it sit until the water cools. Then dry and rub. You may need to do this more than one time to get all the gunk off, but eventually it will work. Once you get it clean, you can super glue the stone back in.

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

i may have to fuel the lear and fly south and kinda help u

u are on a solid klondike of nice loot