txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My brother Kevin has been lucky enough to find and return several class rings, and he is happy to do so. Its a great feeling to give someone something back after they thought it was lost forever. The same is true for the last ring he returned. I have to share his story with you guys, because it makes one stop and think and appreciate what we have and how God can use us.

Below is a copy of the post from our local forum.

I went out again at night. It was a good hunt, but I was a little disappointed. There had been an all day concert on the beach so, I thought I would find stuff like going to Wal-Mart. The area was so sanded in and the finds were far and in between. I will be happy with what I did get. The butterfly ring is silver and James Avery. The wedding band and the class ring are 10k gold.

the ring was from out of state but through facebook he found out they had moved to the valley
The class ring will be on its way to Benjamin tomorrow. In fact he lives in the valley. It took a little bit to locate him, thank God his brother has a place on Facebook and now I do.

And now for the rest of the story----Benjamin is not the run of the mill kid out at the beach having a good time. He has spina bifida and is in a wheel chair, his brother also has it and is wheel chair bound. Benjamin was sitting in the water in his chair, and had taken off his ring, had it in his palm handing it to his dad when a wave hit and washed it away. I can only imagine the disappointment the kid felt when he thought it lost forever. God made sure that it found its way home. Its also a reminder to all of us, that we should be thankful for what we have. Our family, our health, our children, and not sweat the petty stuff. God will take care of the rest.

Now I know some here live on the finder/keepers rule, and that is your personal choice, and for the most part it goes. But Kevin now has been able to return a few class rings, each has had a story, and he also tracked down the owner of a bracelet that was stolen over 40yrs ago. Sure thats a few less trinkets he has in his collection, but the trade off is priceless. So the next time you find that class ring, before you drop it in your collection drawer, just remember it has a story, and you have now became a part of that story. How will your write the ending?

Attachments

• rinindex.jpg
    rinindex.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 529
Upvote 0

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great story. I have been asked to find rings in the past and to see their face when returned is priceless. I believe we should all make every attempt to return jewely if possible. Most of what we find has no traceability to it. But when you find a class ring with a name on it, every attempt should be made to return it. Who know's, the owner or parents may give you permission to hunt some property or give you some places to go that belongs to their family that will more than replace the ring. My personal story is several years ago a lady called me to see if I could find her ring in her yard that she lost. I found it in about 15 minutes and it was a huge diamond ring. She tried several times to pay me but I would not take anything. My payment was the joy she had in getting it back. Again great story and I would love to see more on here like that.

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats the way I feel treasurehound, if I can find it and return it thats reward enough. I would tell them no on the money, but ask them if they knew of somewhere I could hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread