Early morning 4th

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Went out this morning and right off the bat found out I couldn't hunt two places I had planned to visit. One due to beach closure.... CWB and Two due to a big event going on at that beach. No matter. I can hit that one tomorrow or later today! I ended up and my usual local beach and although I didn't expect to find much since I've hit it pretty regular here lately, I did end up with my 4-quarter goal plus a little extra. I got $1.77 and another cheap hoop earring.

MoneynJunk070409.jpg

I also met up with another MD'er you all may know. "Sam in florida" You know one of the best parts of MD'ing (for me) is meeting up with other MD'ers and especially ones that have posted. I don't know how Sam did this morning since I was leaving as he arrived but I bet he did better than I did! :wink:

Upvote 0

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
HAPPY 4TH, Mumzsie! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Yeah, slim pickings.

I did my local beach yesterday evening and only picked up clad and a painted steel bracelet. Times are tough and it seems to me that pickings are slimmer than last year. We'll see after this weekend ends.

HH Joe

miket

Jun 3, 2008
florida west coast
Detector(s) used
whites beach hunter 300
good day anyways ! :hello2:
CWB was closed? looks to be busy from the beach cam. ??? last time i went there the sand was too hard all over from all the weather we had.
well good luck! mike :tongue3:

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Yep it was supposed to be closed according to the news but I watched the beach cam too and saw that it was crowded. There will be a LOT of hunters down there in the morning! LOL But not me. I am going to another beach.

miket

Jun 3, 2008
florida west coast
Detector(s) used
whites beach hunter 300
mumszie said:
Yep it was supposed to be closed according to the news but I watched the beach cam too and saw that it was crowded. There will be a LOT of hunters down there in the morning! LOL But not me. I am going to another beach.
i think the news said clearwater causeway beach. thats on tampa bay off sr60 west side of ben t davis. ?? thats what i got from the news channel.. :tongue3: :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread