Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I was seeing fireworks, but then ***update~it's REAL***

I realized it was the ruby's red glare, the diamonds bursting in air... ;D ;D ;D

What a long weekend I am exhausted, but had the best time ever.
Every day/night I was hitting the water at one place or another, it was the life.
I got so many toy cars, some are pictured some are not because at one point my pouch got so heavy that I gave 4 of them away to kids as I made my way down the beach. Not all of the clad is pictured, but it was around $8. I found a couple earrings and a silver necklace. I also found a ring of keys one night the fob was toast but it had a few important looking keys on it as well. I found it infront of a hotel, so I took them up and left them on the steps, incase someone was looking for them. My big find that still has me grinning is the 14k ruby ring. It will have to go to an appraiser for final verification, but I found one like it on line with a price tag of $3700

Now we all have our list of things we want to find, I now have to start a list of things I hope I never find or never find again. Below pictured is a cremation tag. I wasn't sure what to do with it, but did not want to leave it there because it is metal and does not belong on the beach, and most likely would end up in the trash somewhere. So I mailed it back to the crematory. No part of the urn was found just the tag..THANK GOD!

Attachments

• rings 008.jpg
    rings 008.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 6,347
  • rings 009.jpg
    rings 009.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 6,359
  • rings 010.jpg
    rings 010.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 6,324
  • rings 013.jpg
    rings 013.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 6,336
  • rings 014.jpg
    rings 014.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 6,321
Upvote 0
K

Kentucky Kache

Re: I thought I was seeing fireworks, but then

Congrats on a wonderful hunt. I've dug several toy cars, some of them old. I've never found a ruby, but nothing is impossible.

Gulf Hunter

Jan 12, 2007
Galveston Co., Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 800s

Ya done well las, but alas, the details on the other morsels would be nice tu know, savvy?

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

details??? what details??? someone lost it and I found it :wink: I spent most of the time hunting the island around bob hall pier.

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

One of them is a gold plated band(had me fooled until I got home), one of them is a cute sea turtle ring the stone changes color, then there is a little enamel coated ring that is beige that says friends, and another enamel coated ring that has little designs.

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

From another forum a while back LOL

(floridabill) I am not superstitious, however they say if you keep that tag and not return it to the sea its bad Karma. I have found a lot of those and when I do I wing them back out as far as I can in the water.

The very first one I found last year I threw back into the water and the next target I got I pulled that blue sapphire ring worth $2500.00 out.

It is when the family take the ashes and spread them at sea, I believe the tag is in with the ashes to make sure they don't get them mixed up, and when they dump the ashes they don't realize the tag is in there and it goes in the water.

So if I were you superstitious or not, the tag is no good so I would return it to its resting place and who knows what your next target may be after that

I took the crematory token back over to the beach today. I borrowed a buddy's hunting slingshot for the launch. I walked out into the water, said a small prayer and shot the crematory ID token, paperclip and bit of charred paper out past the breakers where hopefully, it will "rest in peace".

While I was at the beach, I decided to hunt a bit, so I went up to SunSplash Park. I hunted for about 2 hours. The sun was hot, the tide was high and there was a pretty stiff breeze blowing the sand around, so I decided to pack it in with a meager 7 coins in my pouch.

I went up to the beach shower and rinsed off my scoop and coil, and started to walk up the ramp to the van. For some reason, I stopped, went BACK down on the beach and walked up to the OTHER ramp. Between the two ramps, I hit ONE signal. A really nice .925 ring with a pink center stone and two clear side stones.

I cannot explain why, with a rinsed off scoop and detector I decided to go BACK into the sand and go up a ramp that was FARTHER from the van then the one I was going up. If I hadn't done that, I wouldn't have found the ring. I'm callin' it a "Florida Bill" experience and lettin' it go at that. Whatever the reason, I am now a believer !!!

And you can bet, if I ever find another one of those things, it's goin' right back into the water !!!!

Thanks for lookin'. Da FoX
(fox) I took the medallion back to the beach and shot it into the water beyond the breakers where hopefully it will remain. My last find of the day was a nice silver ring with 3 stones. See my post in Today's Finds. I'm a believer !!!

You guys may be onto something. That Crematory ID must be a curse !!! Definately bad karma !!!

I hit 3 totlots today with the M6 / 6X10"DD and got 38 coins. 4Q 4N 8D 22P = $2.22 ... I have never worked so hard for a coupla bucks in clad !!! The way I was pullin' trash, you'd think I had never had a detector in my hand !!! The kicker was while I was in a nice stand of old trees, a stroke of lightening cracked so close that you could hear the "click" in the headset !!! I called it a day and went to the van.

I rained hard all the way home, up to within 1/2 mile of my house, where it stopped. I can see the rain from where I live, but we're not gettin' a drop !!!

The crematory ID is outta here by the weekend, one way or another.

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida

OMG, that is one beautiful ring! WOW I can't wait to hear what it appraises at. The creamatorium tag stories are spooky! I think that will go at the top of my..... no second on the list of things I do NOT want to find. First being a really beautiful ring but with a finger through it! LOL WTG TXKICKERGIRL!

T

trish76642

girl you are on a roll!

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20

Ohhhhhh Yeahhhhh Dawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTG!!!!

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

that is a beauty!! I'd be wearing that for sure! congrats

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I debated back and forth for a while on what to do with the tag. When I pulled it out of the scoop that was the last thing I expected, and then when it hit what it was I had to peek back in the scoop to make sure there was no pottery type stuff that would be the urn itself. You can not imagine how relieved I was. So there I stood waiting for the fireworks to start, the beach packed with people, and I am holding this tag going, ahhh what the heck do I do. Then something kept telling me I needed to keep it and send it back to the crematory. Trust me I would of just assumed to drop it back where I got it and forget it. Who knows maybe they will forward it back to the family, and the family will see it as a sign that their loved one reached out to them. That was the first thing I found that night, and trust me I half expected through out the night to hear some voice coming from my pouch, saying hey you, yeah you, the one that dug me up....
I am ok with bringing it home and sending it back. Now if I ever do.....please please please do not let me find another one of those, then I will have to see how I feel at the time.

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll

thats a pretty one!

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats for this beauty. :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ruby's red glare, the diamonds bursting in air

U got that right.......my god what a fine looking piece of loot that is.

what was your heart doing when u saw that baby????

very nice spin for sure

good luck on your next spin

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

NICE sweet ruby WTG :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: Guzz

ramfan

May 30, 2008
Myrtle Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett F250/F150
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

That is an awesome ring!! My wife is still waiting for me to find one like it! lol

Darrell

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

put me back!!! --- I wouldn't keep it thats for sure. -- it belongs with the body consigned to the deep. -- however its yours to deal with now so you decide .

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I ran by Zales at lunch and asked them to take a look at the ring. They said...oh yeah its real and very nice, infact the ruby alone which is 2ct is well over 2k :o and that I should find someone to appraise it, they didn't do that kind of thing there. So I will have to look into getting a written appraisal later, if I decide to sell it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions