Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I was seeing fireworks, but then ***update~it's REAL***

I realized it was the ruby's red glare, the diamonds bursting in air... ;D ;D ;D

What a long weekend I am exhausted, but had the best time ever.
Every day/night I was hitting the water at one place or another, it was the life.
I got so many toy cars, some are pictured some are not because at one point my pouch got so heavy that I gave 4 of them away to kids as I made my way down the beach. Not all of the clad is pictured, but it was around $8. I found a couple earrings and a silver necklace. I also found a ring of keys one night the fob was toast but it had a few important looking keys on it as well. I found it infront of a hotel, so I took them up and left them on the steps, incase someone was looking for them. My big find that still has me grinning is the 14k ruby ring. It will have to go to an appraiser for final verification, but I found one like it on line with a price tag of $3700

Now we all have our list of things we want to find, I now have to start a list of things I hope I never find or never find again. Below pictured is a cremation tag. I wasn't sure what to do with it, but did not want to leave it there because it is metal and does not belong on the beach, and most likely would end up in the trash somewhere. So I mailed it back to the crematory. No part of the urn was found just the tag..THANK GOD!

Attachments

• rings 008.jpg
    rings 008.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 6,347
  • rings 009.jpg
    rings 009.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 6,359
  • rings 010.jpg
    rings 010.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 6,324
  • rings 013.jpg
    rings 013.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 6,336
  • rings 014.jpg
    rings 014.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 6,321
Upvote 0

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Re: I thought I was seeing fireworks, but then ***update~it's REAL***

YOWZAAAAAAAA!
yum yum LOVE those rubies!
WTG, Dawn :)
Major congrats on that ring!
Looks awesome on the banner!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on a beauty of a ring, txkickergirl! :hello2: Banner, too!

HH

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro

I have almost the exact same ring. 10K with a large ruby.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE

WOW!!!
Beautiful!
Congrats!!!

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Re: I thought I was seeing fireworks, but then

txkickergirl said:
Then something kept telling me I needed to keep it and send it back to the crematory. Trust me I would of just assumed to drop it back where I got it and forget it. Who knows maybe they will forward it back to the family, and the family will see it as a sign that their loved one reached out to them.
I think you made the right call on that one, TXKG!!! Nice job!

And for the finds? :icon_queen: OUTSTANDING!!! :icon_queen:

Congrats on that great ring and on making the banner! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is one awesome ring. :headbang:

Congrats on making banner!
You deserve it.

GG~

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

thanks everyone for your congratulations and advice on the tag. I did mail it back to the cremation place, now sure what they will do with it but it just seemed right. There are many things out there that I have found and still want to find. That was not among them. Yet I also had to take it as a sign. You see, my mother was cremated, and my dad will be too, and it is their wishes the ashes be mixed and scattered together. Sounds romantic, but to be honest part of it creeps me out. I hear stories of how bits of bone and things are still in it and how unlike the movies ashes don't float away on the wind, its more course and heavy like grainy sand. So finding the tag was one more way of me coming to terms with what must one day be done. I had no ideal about the tags, and probably would freak out had we been scattering ashes and metal tags hit the ground. Now I know to expect it and won't have that unpleasant surprise.
Has any one here dealt with scattering ashes on land? If so what is your advice or suggestions?

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

WTG!!!! Thats one sweeeeeeeeet find! :thumbsup:

HH

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Congrats on a GREAT FIND! That sure is a beautiful ring. :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

As far as that tag is concerned I agree with what you did.

My mother-in-law passed away earlier this year and my wife and her brother wanted to scatter her ashes in the ocean. My father-in-law doesn't want to open the box (he didn't want to buy an urn). The box says: "Do Not Open" and he's just complying with that, he says. Weird...but his wishes come before the kids'. :dontknow:

HH Joe

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have been to about 4 services where the person was cremated 3 they buried the box and 1 I don't know what they did with it afterward ! My husbands aunt and uncle are doing it nd saving big, it is cheaper and they can be buried in ! plot instead on getting 2 plots! 1 that was buried was humongus it was at least 3' tall and 2' square, his dad had a hard time carrying it.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania

AWESOME FIND.....congrats on the banner.
as far as scattering ashes' i was told once that your no longer allowed to do that without some sort of permission from the EPA.....something about human ashes contain many toxins and heavy metals which are harmful to the environment. i do know alot of people who are now being cremated instead of buried and ashes can be buried at the feet of an existing grave of a loved one for a nominal fee. and if you are Catholic, you too can now be cremated and buried in Holy ground as they no longer view cremation as a sin.(go figure)

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You can scatter ashes as long as you get a permit and permission if public land, on private land you do not need any of these things. At sea it has to be 3 miles out and registered with EPA and the coord. logged. You can also do a full body burial at sea but you have to be alot further out and in like 600ft of water. That was interesting because I didn't realize you could send a body into the deep blue, surely it has to be in a casket still, because wouldn't it float? With the cost of funerals so high now its crazy. Pre planning is important, because if the person is deceased the cost doubles. When my brother buried his son, they went down the day before he passed away and made the arrangements. They felt bad planning a funeral before he was gone, but the cost was over $8000.00, had they waited they were told the cost would be closer to $16000.00 because it fell under "in need".(I have my thoughts on that..its called taking advantage of grieving people and price gouging) Cremation here runs around $800-$1500 so I can see why so many people are opting for cremation now a days. I certainly don't want my loved ones having to cough up even $8000, on me, nor do I want to preplan and spend that amount of money either. So given the choice I probably will pre plan and go for cremation. Then they can just dig a hole and bury the box under the oak tree say a few words and be done with it. Simple, cheap, and respectable. No fancy casket, in a funeral home, with a person that didn't even know me, talking about my life. Of course I expect my friends from time to time to drop in and run the detector under the tree, and pick up that metal tag, and they can say, yep..she's still there, just checking. LOL

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

i have awhile back decided i wanted to be cremated ... 1. Its cheaper 2. i will probably be all used up, so I would rather my loved ones think back to a earlier age of my life when I wasn't soooo used up! ;D

They used to bury sailors at see watch old documentries they could not keep them on board ships or subs for monthes at a time no place to store them thus ... over the side.

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter

I just knew you would end up on the banner some day.
Perseverance pays off for the Texas girl.
Nice job!!!! Really nice!

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:headbang:
Lots of glitter and sparkle. Way to go !!

JimBeHuntin'

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2007
Down East North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (As of 10/2011)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

A big congratz TKG for the awesome ring find and making the banner (it sure adds some Pzzaazz to the banner for sure) ... great job and continued good hunting!

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

After being added to the banner I have some additional motivation to get back out there and find some more goodies. I leave on vacation tomorrow and will have 5 days of relaxing, camping, and detecting. I may swing over to the tourist side of the beach a day or two to search for jewelry, but this trip is mainly for the relics, I will probably come home with a 5gallon bucket of fishing weights. Wonder if they will put me on the banner for 5gallons of weights? lol, I would if someone could drag that much home and their wife/husband didn't kill them.

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star

txkickergirl said:
Has any one here dealt with scattering ashes on land? If so what is your advice or suggestions?
Scattered my mother-in-law.

For mom & dad, find a secluded spot that has or would have special meaning to them. That way, you could go back there to reflect or plant a flower. If you don't go back, at least you'll know that you put them in a special place together. Of course, respect the property of others, as I'm sure you would. Cremains can be and usually are pulverized for the spreading. You might have to ask for this to be done. No, they still won't fly away, and will vary in size in the container from dust like to sand like consistency (at least hers did).

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20

Very Cooooooooollllllll !!!!!!!!! Your 4th of July red sparkler made the BANNER!! :notworthy:

Too friggiin cool. It could not have happened to a better person.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread