Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: I thought I was seeing fireworks, but then ***update~it's REAL***

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    American by Birth ~ Gun Owner by Right ~ Jesus by Choice

Jan 2007
    Mcallen TX
    SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
    5 times
    Banner Finds (2)

I thought I was seeing fireworks, but then ***update~it's REAL***

I realized it was the ruby's red glare, the diamonds bursting in air...

What a long weekend I am exhausted, but had the best time ever.
    Every day/night I was hitting the water at one place or another, it was the life.
    I got so many toy cars, some are pictured some are not because at one point my pouch got so heavy that I gave 4 of them away to kids as I made my way down the beach. Not all of the clad is pictured, but it was around $8. I found a couple earrings and a silver necklace. I also found a ring of keys one night the fob was toast but it had a few important looking keys on it as well. I found it infront of a hotel, so I took them up and left them on the steps, incase someone was looking for them. My big find that still has me grinning is the 14k ruby ring. It will have to go to an appraiser for final verification, but I found one like it on line with a price tag of $3700

Now we all have our list of things we want to find, I now have to start a list of things I hope I never find or never find again. Below pictured is a cremation tag. I wasn't sure what to do with it, but did not want to leave it there because it is metal and does not belong on the beach, and most likely would end up in the trash somewhere. So I mailed it back to the crematory. No part of the urn was found just the tag..THANK GOD!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rings 008.jpg 
Views:	6196 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	310651   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rings 009.jpg 
Views:	6199 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	310652   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rings 010.jpg 
Views:	6168 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	310653   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rings 013.jpg 
Views:	6162 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	310654   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rings 014.jpg 
Views:	6159 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	310655  

LibbyC likes this.
    Dawn
    MCALLEN, TX

Kentucky Kache

Re: I thought I was seeing fireworks, but then

Congrats on a wonderful hunt. I've dug several toy cars, some of them old. I've never found a ruby, but nothing is impossible.

us
    Gulf Hunter

Jan 2007
    Galveston Co., Texas
    Minelab Excal 800s
    1 times

Ya done well las, but alas, the details on the other morsels would be nice tu know, savvy?

us

Jan 2007
    Mcallen TX
    SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
    5 times
    Banner Finds (2)

details what details someone lost it and I found it I spent most of the time hunting the island around bob hall pier.
    Dawn
    MCALLEN, TX

us
    Gulf Hunter

Jan 2007
    Galveston Co., Texas
    Minelab Excal 800s
    1 times

Not location, but was wondering about the other rings you found?

us

Jan 2007
    Mcallen TX
    SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
    5 times
    Banner Finds (2)

One of them is a gold plated band(had me fooled until I got home), one of them is a cute sea turtle ring the stone changes color, then there is a little enamel coated ring that is beige that says friends, and another enamel coated ring that has little designs.
    Dawn
    MCALLEN, TX

us
    Jan 2008
    Punta Gorda, Florida
    Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
    3 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

From another forum a while back LOL

(floridabill) I am not superstitious, however they say if you keep that tag and not return it to the sea its bad Karma. I have found a lot of those and when I do I wing them back out as far as I can in the water.

The very first one I found last year I threw back into the water and the next target I got I pulled that blue sapphire ring worth $2500.00 out.

It is when the family take the ashes and spread them at sea, I believe the tag is in with the ashes to make sure they don't get them mixed up, and when they dump the ashes they don't realize the tag is in there and it goes in the water.

So if I were you superstitious or not, the tag is no good so I would return it to its resting place and who knows what your next target may be after that

I took the crematory token back over to the beach today. I borrowed a buddy's hunting slingshot for the launch. I walked out into the water, said a small prayer and shot the crematory ID token, paperclip and bit of charred paper out past the breakers where hopefully, it will "rest in peace".

While I was at the beach, I decided to hunt a bit, so I went up to SunSplash Park. I hunted for about 2 hours. The sun was hot, the tide was high and there was a pretty stiff breeze blowing the sand around, so I decided to pack it in with a meager 7 coins in my pouch.

I went up to the beach shower and rinsed off my scoop and coil, and started to walk up the ramp to the van. For some reason, I stopped, went BACK down on the beach and walked up to the OTHER ramp. Between the two ramps, I hit ONE signal. A really nice .925 ring with a pink center stone and two clear side stones.

I cannot explain why, with a rinsed off scoop and detector I decided to go BACK into the sand and go up a ramp that was FARTHER from the van then the one I was going up. If I hadn't done that, I wouldn't have found the ring. I'm callin' it a "Florida Bill" experience and lettin' it go at that. Whatever the reason, I am now a believer !!!

And you can bet, if I ever find another one of those things, it's goin' right back into the water !!!!

Thanks for lookin'. Da FoX
    (fox) I took the medallion back to the beach and shot it into the water beyond the breakers where hopefully it will remain. My last find of the day was a nice silver ring with 3 stones. See my post in Today's Finds. I'm a believer !!!

You guys may be onto something. That Crematory ID must be a curse !!! Definately bad karma !!!

I hit 3 totlots today with the M6 / 6X10"DD and got 38 coins. 4Q 4N 8D 22P = $2.22 ... I have never worked so hard for a coupla bucks in clad !!! The way I was pullin' trash, you'd think I had never had a detector in my hand !!! The kicker was while I was in a nice stand of old trees, a stroke of lightening cracked so close that you could hear the "click" in the headset !!! I called it a day and went to the van.

I rained hard all the way home, up to within 1/2 mile of my house, where it stopped. I can see the rain from where I live, but we're not gettin' a drop !!!

The crematory ID is outta here by the weekend, one way or another.
    <br />http://www.greyareagraphics.com

us
    Feb 2005
    Spring Hill, Florida
    96 times
    Banner Finds (1)

OMG, that is one beautiful ring! WOW I can't wait to hear what it appraises at. The creamatorium tag stories are spooky! I think that will go at the top of my..... no second on the list of things I do NOT want to find. First being a really beautiful ring but with a finger through it! LOL WTG TXKICKERGIRL!
    Garrett GTI 1500, CZ-20, White's Dual PI, Bounty Hunter QD II, Ace 250, Determination & persistence!

trish76642

girl you are on a roll!

us
    Apr 2006
    Tennessee/Texas
    Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
    3 times

Ohhhhhh Yeahhhhh Dawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTG!!!!
    Arooooooo Wolf Pack

Feb 2007
    Bradenton, Fl
    ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac
    566 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

that is a beauty!! I'd be wearing that for sure! congrats
    Debby

us

Jan 2007
    Mcallen TX
    SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
    5 times
    Banner Finds (2)

I debated back and forth for a while on what to do with the tag. When I pulled it out of the scoop that was the last thing I expected, and then when it hit what it was I had to peek back in the scoop to make sure there was no pottery type stuff that would be the urn itself. You can not imagine how relieved I was. So there I stood waiting for the fireworks to start, the beach packed with people, and I am holding this tag going, ahhh what the heck do I do. Then something kept telling me I needed to keep it and send it back to the crematory. Trust me I would of just assumed to drop it back where I got it and forget it. Who knows maybe they will forward it back to the family, and the family will see it as a sign that their loved one reached out to them. That was the first thing I found that night, and trust me I half expected through out the night to hear some voice coming from my pouch, saying hey you, yeah you, the one that dug me up....
    I am ok with bringing it home and sending it back. Now if I ever do.....please please please do not let me find another one of those, then I will have to see how I feel at the time.
    Dawn
    MCALLEN, TX

Sep 2006
    Ga
    Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
    1 times
    Banner Finds (1)

thats a pretty one!

us
    Mar 2006
    South Florida east coast.
    In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
    166 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Congrats for this beauty.

Charter Member
    us
    where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Jul 2003
    Eastern North Carolina
    White's XLT, Garrett's CX w/Bloodhound, GTA 500, Whites PI

Great finds! Keep scoopin'!
    Seajay

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors