Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Jun 2009
    Bolivar, Ohio
    Minelab E-trac
    13 times

SALT OR FRESH

Are most of you guys hunting beaches, hunting the coastal beaches, or are many of you having success on inland lake beaches? Just curious. I have hunted relics and old coins at homesteads, basement holes, and old parks for 25 years. I just got a sand scoop and I am going to head for my first beach this weekend. I have been reading all the shallow water/beach posts and have decided to give it a try.

Thanks, Tim
    "Get your coil on the soil"!

Jul 2006
    Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
    2 times

Re: SALT OR FRESH

Fresh water lakes, swimming holes, etc. are GREAT!!!!

In the mid 90's we found a spot that was very popular with tourists around the turn of the century. The whole area was taken out by a hurricane in the 20's and never rebuilt for various reasons. It has produced some super finds. Another spot in the Tampa area was popular when I was a kid and I went there swimming many times. It had arcades, rafts and a dive platform. Now the lake is surrounded by private homes and condos. The only access is by canoe from across the lake and we have to stay off of the land. No problem, we work from the canoe and it also produces things from the 50's back. The only issue we have in this lake is the alligator population. Some of the idiot residents feed them and they have lost their fear of humans. We've only actually been forced out of the water twice but none the less the problem is there.

There are many old swimming areas that were pretty swinging places in their time and hunting is great. Good luck and have a great time!!!!

Deepsix

us
    Oct 2007
    Northern, OH
    DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
    67 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I hunt fresh water in OH, MI and IN. Some I do great in and other not so good. Just have to find where everyone swims at.....Matt
    CRH 2014 find
    wheaties
    War Nickels
    Buffalo
    Mercs 4
    Rosie 6
    90% Kennedy
    Franklin
    Walkers
    40% halfs
    Detecting Finds
    Dollars
    Quarters `
    Silver Quarters
    Dimes
    Silver Dimes
    Nickels
    Pennies
    Wheaties
    rings

us
    Feb 2005
    Spring Hill, Florida
    94 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Take a look at some of the finds that Goldinwater manages to find and he hunts lakes, rivers, swimming holes when up north and when down in Florida he hunts the beaches. He is an excellent hunter and makes up all jealous of his finds. That guy could hunt a puddle and come up with gold! LOL

http://www.thetreasuredepot.com/daddy/rings/goldiw.html
    Garrett GTI 1500, CZ-20, White's Dual PI, Bounty Hunter QD II, Ace 250, Determination & persistence!

us
    May 2009
    Yuma Az
    Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
    37 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

well since there are no oceans in Arizona (regardless of what George Strait says lol) I hunt rivers an lakes mostly the Colorado river.....just gotta get wet an get at it ,find the people find the treasures.
    Building my wealth one pull tab at a time Tank69 ™

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    8382 times

Quote Originally Posted by deepsix47
    Fresh water lakes, swimming holes, etc. are GREAT!!!!

Another spot in the Tampa area was popular when I was a kid and I went there swimming many times. It had arcades, rafts and a dive platform. Now the lake is surrounded by private homes and condos. Deepsix
    Was the dive platform multi levels? I use to go to one when I was a kid living in Tampa that had one. I think, and it is just faded memory, but it was called Lake Egypt, and it was off Waters ave. Dive platform was something like 5 or 6 platform high, use to dive off the top platform when I was young and stupid.

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

Charter Member
    us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them.
    1914 times

Treasure Hunter, I think we were all young and definely stupid. At least I know I was.
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

May 2006
    Europe
    Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2

If you´re in Europe, you have to look first to see how old the fresh water is, as often the lakes are man made as a result of sand, gravel, or coal open cast mining. If they´re natural, then they´re well worth checking out, as are rivers, BUT, be carefull, most countries in Europe require permits to hunt, and there are hefty fines, and even jail terms for those who hunt without one !! But the finds can be anything from Celtic, Roman, Middle Age, the World Wars, right upto the present.
    Salt water is more the place to find modern day coins, and lots of gold and silver jewelry.
    My hearts in England, but my butts stuck in mainland Europe.

Sponsors