txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I planned on getting some quality hunting time in this weekend, but my dog had other plans.
She is a tiny little thing and was expecting. Saturday morning I got up to find her in labor, and not doing well. The first puppy was breech and she couldn't push it out. So off to the vet we went. They tried to remove the puppy no luck. They xrayed her and said that she had 3 puppies and they were all dead. She needed to have a c-section to remove them, before she died. So heart broken, and bank broke, the bill was over a grand thank God for credit cards. I left her there. In about 3 hours they called to say everything went well, that she lost a lot of blood but would be fine. I was relived. Then they told me the news that one puppy was still alive. (I was so happy because I didn't want to explain to my youngest that all the puppies he waited so long for died) At first she would not mother the pup, but then again she had just had surgery, and was tramatized. So I had to take care of it for the day and into the night. Well late Saturday night out of the blue, she got over it and decided to be a mommy. So so happy about that, she hasn't left the pups side since. So I snuck out early Sunday for a hunt, my mind was on the dog, so I didn't enjoy it as much, but I managed a few goodies. The earring is 10k, the leaf junk and the other silver. I was hoping for another great find ah one that I can sell for at lest a grand. LOL
I will take pics of mom and pup tonight, so y'all can see, they are the cutiest thing.

Attachments

• ib 003.jpg
    ib 003.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 485
Upvote 0

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I'm sorry about the puppies...I will keep the lucky one and mom in prayers for continued healing.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't have even gone hunting. I am glad everything worked out ok.

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
.......Sorry about the loss of most of the puppies....... glad that the mother and one of the puppies survived...................I probably couldn't have hunted either...................I think that the love of a dog is like a window into one's heart................kinda hard to explain................loss of a dog here is basicly like losing a family member.........and my dogs are more loyal than some family members.........LOL...............GOD BLESS................Joe

Stickmarsh

May 17, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur & Sovereign
Sorry to hear about the lost pups, glad to hear that one survived. I know how dogs can be just like family. My dog Jack is like a family member and a real blessing to have around. He knows things about me that no one else knows.

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok finally got some time to post the puppy pics. I swear that little puppy won't ever be able to walk, the momma keeps feeding it and feeding it, its so fat it looks like it swallowed a golf ball.

Attachments

• rings 002.jpg
    rings 002.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 304
  • rings 001.jpg
    rings 001.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 283

Stickmarsh

May 17, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur & Sovereign
What a cute pup! My dog Jack says welcome to planet earth. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Attachments

• DogBeach.jpg
    DogBeach.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 256
OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mumszie said:
The puppy should be named "Miracle" for that is what it is - a miracle. I am so glad one of them at least made it. Congrats on your finds too.

I have been thinking about that since she was born and was thinking of calling her Mira, but my little boy has dibs on naming the pup, poor little thing. I think he is leaning toward "squirmy" right now but that changes daily.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The pup and the mom are so cute .I'm glad the one made it ,sorry about the others thow. Extractor

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions