Any advice for the Oregon coast?

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Hey Mike,
Any place where lots of people gather or walk on or to the beach. This area should produce something for you. Ususlly some type of jewlery. Older stuff is usually harder to find & takes a lot of research. It has not paid off for me yet. I hit the beach for one or two days twice a year. It's a 600 mile round trip from Stanfield. Good luck!
Spotz

R

rvbvetter

? ? ? The Rockaway area seems to draw a lot of people yearly.? So the beaches there might be worth a look see.
? ?Maybe Tillamook. There's a lot of history there.
? And Newport supposebly has quite a grave yard of ships near the entrance to the cove or harbor. Perhaps things wash up on the beach.
? ? I think it's Goldbeach that has or did have an area next to the beach for offroad vehicles like dune buggies to run up and down the dunes there.
? ?Then there's a beach thats not a beach, but was around a long time before closing years ago.
And that is Jantzens Beach in Portland.? It was an old amusement park.

? ? ?I'm not from Oregon nor live there. But I've visited each of these places and what I've mentioned about them is what I've seen or been told while I was there.
? ? ?So no double your money back if they don't pan out. But I hope you hit the big one if you go.
Good luck? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?HH

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Mike, I'm in Eugene, too. Give me a buzz via e-mail sometime if you'd like a partner on a trip.

daydreamer

Dec 22, 2005
CHICO- Northern California
Detector(s) used
anything handy
I lived in Coos Bay for 5 years and found some interesting rock and fossils. If you want to dig up fossil bivalves or find chunks of petrified wood, give me an email.I can send you right to the spots. I wouldn't bother with panning on Gold beach it has been hit very hard by dredgers for 70 years. Whiskey run still has some gold left but it takes a dredge to work the massive overburden of moving sand, and what you find is mostly trace or a small bottle of grain sized nuggets. I like to head out during any of the winter storms because the sand goes out to sea and the wrecks surface. There is a wrecked steel ship on the sand beach just NOrth of North Bend 1/4 mile North of the tourist parking area in the Dunes
park, nothing to find from that wreck but it shows the history of the area. Have fun, and check out the local museums for old photo history of the area it does pay off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread