Gold and Silver Finds 8/2/009 !!!!!! WARNING CONTAINS PICTURE OF FINDS !!!!!!!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your offended by pictures of finds stop here Post contains picture of finds!

I tried out my new 15"x18" SEF EXcelerator coil for my Sovereign GT at "undisclosed" beach some where in North America today.

The coil worked well, and the extra coverage made it easy to cover much more area. I use a shoulder harness so the weight of coil is not an issue at all. Only issue coil has is the coil cover fits quite tight and is little hard to take off to clean.

First I found the silver ring about 10-12 inches deep in wet sand with surf lapping, then I found the 14K gold wedding band 8-10 inches deep wet sand with surf lapping over. I also found a earring stud with the back still on, most likely from a towel, no markings, looks like onyx.

For those concerned about any legal aspects of the finds, the only engravings on rings are 14k and 925. I searched high and low, but I could not find anyone on the beach who answered to either names when I called them......

DSCF2009-2.jpg

Upvote 0

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey that rings mine lol I'm coming to get you I got your IP lol

nice finds :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COTTON said:
Wtg,Congrats on the rings, :tongue3: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Thanks, Cotton not a lot, but any thing is better then poptops.................

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lostcauses said:
I werent on that beach or would have answered, LOL

Nice finds.

Thanks, LC, next time I will try to hunt your beach so you can hear me.............

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great job TH have you been in the water yet with the coil? If so how is it in the current?

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mumszie said:
Love the finds! I hope you never stop posting them!

No worries Mumszie, I will always post my good finds, I dont post bottlecaps, or poptops any longer, figured we all seen enough of them in our scoops already, but I will post the nicer items. :headbang:

I am like you, I enjoy seeing pictures of what other hunters find, it motivates me as well. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FloridaBill said:
great job TH have you been in the water yet with the coil? If so how is it in the current?

Thanks FB, there is more drag on it in the current then the WOT, but for me not so much it bothers me. I use a harness on all my detectors anyway.

I got it more for the wet sand and shallow water up to calf deep use. I love the extra coverage it gives, I can walk forward at a normal pace and it still over laps the sweep as I move forward. The 18" is the length, and it still has the 15" width for the sweep side to side. It also pinpoints pretty easy.

All in all it was a good investment, and since it was paid for by gift cards I received from work it is even nicer. The two rings on it's maiden voyage was a good sign;D

My Excal is in the ML shop for a coil problem, hope to have it back with in a week or so. I am going to use the WOT coil I took off the Sovereign GT when I mounted the SEF coil on it and I'm going to wire it to my waterproofed Sovereign GT. I am ordering a waterproof splice so I can wire it with out opening the Sov GT up. I don't want to have to remove the face plate and extended shafts to hard wire it in, unit is nice and waterproof and plan on keeping it that way. The new splice will still be inside the waterproof module.

Stickmarsh

May 17, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur & Sovereign
Nice finds with the new coil.

Question - have you used the Sun Ray S-12 12.5" coil? I am going to buy a new coil for my Sovereign GT and was wondering how the S-12 compares to the 18x15" SEF, I believe they are the same price.

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That coil looks to me that it works just fine! Great finds T.H.!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stickmarsh said:
Nice finds with the new coil.

Question - have you used the Sun Ray S-12 12.5" coil? I am going to buy a new coil for my Sovereign GT and was wondering how the S-12 compares to the 18x15" SEF, I believe they are the same price.

Thanks SM, No I haven't used the Sun Ray S-12, but CLYP uses one that is hard wired on his Excal and he loves it, and it finds lots of goodies for him. I know he had good luck with it this weekend again. I have a hard time hunting with a 10 inch coil, it is just so small and you just don't get the coverage. I paid $219 for the 15"x18" SEF, not sure the cost of the S-12.

I love the WP Sov GT I use, I love the tones in the water, they are a lot richer.

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Treasure_Hunter said:
I tried out my new 15"x18" SEF EXcelerator coil for my Sovereign GT at "undisclosed" beach some where in North America today.

LOL....good job TH, I'm glad you continue to post pics of your finds. Maybe next time, say north of the equator, so as to be less specific. ;D

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done Marty.Nobody answer to a name 14k?That is too bad.Some peeps will be not happy. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: WTG.And don't forget:"When in doubt,shot the monkey.(If undead)" :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SYKO said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

LOL....good job TH, I'm glad you continue to post pics of your finds. Maybe next time, say north of the equator, so as to be less specific. ;D

Thanks Syko ,

OOPs, Busted .......Your right, I narrowed it down to the Nothern Hemisphere in error..... :BangHead: Darn, now I have to worry. :icon_pale:

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SYKO said:
BTW, can you post pics of the waterproof Sov with that new coil?Maybe a video? :dontknow:

I put the 15"x18" SEF coil on my land SOV GT (I have 2 SOVs), the WP Sovereign will have the WOT, just like it had before.

DSC02144.jpg

DSC02143.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread