Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of my silver just collecting dust. Figured I would send to midwest to help pay for my new Tiger shark. Just got some great news from a river guide on the Nantahala River (means; land of the mid-day sun, in Cherokee Indian language) I only live a few miles from the fort where the Cherokee were gathered and the Trail of Tears starts. The good news is that on Oct 4th they will be shutting down the power station which releases the water for the rafters. Improvements will be made by digging some areas and adding boulders and rocks to improve the rapids. This shutdown will last until April! Yeeeaaaa Haaaaa!!! The water that flows when the station is off is nill, ankle to waist deep. To hunt this river before, I would have to arrive at daybreak at the end of the rafting ride which gave me about 4 to 5 hrs. The further up river you went the less time you had to hunt. In 22 yrs that I have lived here this has never happened. To say the least I'm in heaven! I had already been hunting "the Houch" down in Ga. for a few yrs when I tried this river for the first time. The first day i ever hunted there netted the ring you see. Now I will be at the headfront of where they get in and start, and believe me I can't wait to start!

Attachments

• SDC11817.JPG
    SDC11817.JPG
    219.4 KB · Views: 810
  • SDC11865.JPG
    SDC11865.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 785
  • SDC11864.JPG
    SDC11864.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 789
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have fun and go at it!

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:thumbsup: That will be some serious hunting! Best of luck to you. :blob8:

MRBeyer

Apr 25, 2007
Moses Lake, WA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster and MXT, sluice
I hope your not selling to the scrappers with the tv ads. One of the guys here at the apartments said his friend got 1/4 what he would have received from a pawn shop from the scrap gold guys.

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I sell my gold to Midwest Refinery, :icon_thumleft: they pay Spot Price which gives the TH'er 95% of its Gold Value and they take only 5%. They send you paper work showing what the Gold value was that day. I believe those jokers who advertise on TV probably sell it to Midwest Refinery and double their money. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
detectahead

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FLauthor said:
I sell my gold to Midwest Refinery, :icon_thumleft: they pay Spot Price which gives the TH'er 95% of its Gold Value and they take only 5%. They send you paper work showing what the Gold value was that day. I believe those jokers who advertise on TV probably sell it to Midwest Refinery and double their money. :thumbsup:
I agree 100%. The rings I found on my wk vaca (9) 2-10kt, 7-14kt, one of the 14's weighed 18g's, total wght 2.301 ounces according to there paper and I recieved a hefty sum of 1,047.89 threw in a sprinkle of silver which added another $10.00 to sweet'n the pot to $1,057.89. :laughing7: Not to bad for a wks vaca and a paid one to boot. That's the main reason I chose my vaca at that time, the wk after the 4th. Thousands of people float down that river with'n a couple of days and even more during the 4th

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that is a lot of jewerly. Should would be nice to work that area. Wish you luck......Matt

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Man,with all that jewelery,it seems like selling them separate might make you more $ :thumbsup:
It would take long,but have you ever taken it all to work and see how much you can get for anything?
Do you think "$50 each" would make you more money than just refining? It's like a free for all, only with a flat rate. :dontknow:
Sell 10 rings= instant $500. ;D

MRBeyer

Apr 25, 2007
Moses Lake, WA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster and MXT, sluice
Didn't mean to sound too negative. Glad to hear you have someone reputable to work with. I'll keep them in mind should I need to clear out the scraps. Hoping my jewelry finds clear me more on Ebay.

You have my admiration for your level of finds and my apology if I offended you.

Night Hunter

Jul 30, 2009
I tubed down the Nantahala River many times as a child; I never considered how lucrative that river could be.
Great photo of your silver.

OP
OP
detectahead

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SYKO said:
Man,with all that jewelery,it seems like selling them separate might make you more $ :thumbsup:
It would take long,but have you ever taken it all to work and see how much you can get for anything?
Do you think "$50 each" would make you more money than just refining? It's like a free for all, only with a flat rate. :dontknow:
Sell 10 rings= instant $500. ;D
Been there , done that. Quicker to send to midwest. People are choosy when it comes to paying and wearing.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: nice little collection there ,sounds like you'll be having a great hunt make sure to post pics .

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job... beautiful up there... I was in Franklin building a couple cabins in the mid 90's..

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy are you going to be surprised in October when we are all standing there waiting on you to get in the water with us!!!!

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: DaChief :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread