Silver & Gold all in one

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Silver & Gold all in one

I went back down to CWB this morning. I had not intended to go there but EmeraldEyes loves that place! LOL Anyway.... it was another beautiful day. I got a real nice hit right off the bat and it was a small earring. It is kind of heavy but I didn't think anything about it and put it in my pocket. I got several bobby pins and then got another hit. This one I was having trouble finding. It turned out to be a shell bracelet and since I was bringing up shells in my scoop too, it was blending right in with those. I just happened to see the catch just before I was about to dump it back into the water. It is just a cheap bracelet. Not even the clasp is anything good and the bracelet is broken. About 10 yards farther on, I found the other piece of the bracelet with the other clasp. What are the odds on that? LOL I found several pennies and a couple of dimes. I met a couple of water hunters and stopped to chat with them for a few minutes. Sonny and Don. Now Sonny hunts with a snorkel and ducks under the water. This is important to know for the rest of the story. I said goodbye and good luck and we all went on our way. I got a real good hit and I worked for 45 minutes trying to get this item. I COULD NOT GET IT! I kept trying and trying and trying. It would move around on me a little so I though I must be moving the darn thing with the scoop. Finally I got Sonny's attention and motioned him over. I told him about the hit and since he was going under water I asked if he would try to get the object. He said sure just show him where it was. I did and he pinpointed it with his machine. Then he ducked under the water and came up with................

A FRISBEE!

It is a cloth frisbee with a wire running around the outside of it. I was so mad! He just laughed.

I WORKED AND WORKED FOR THAT AND IT WAS A FRISBEE OF ALL THINGS!​

I didn't get much else. A little clad, a couple more earrings and that was it for me.

Moneynjunk081309.jpg

The first earring I found turns out it is silver and gold! It says 925 585 inside along with something else I can't make out. No wonder it was so heavy!

Earring081309925585.jpg

EmeraldEyes did better than I with clad. She got $1.84. She also found a toy dune buggy & a hippie peace bracelet.

Finds081309.jpg

Upvote 0

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Silver & Gold all in one

a frisbee would of never crossed my mind.

Stickmarsh

May 17, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur & Sovereign

Nice post, very descriptive. That must be the first frisbee you found with your detector.
My dog Jack says, "keep on digging."

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice... I know what ya mean... I dug a hole up to my shoulder and finally find a lawn chair 2 foot down... :icon_scratch:

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,

Nice earring Mumszie, you know I'd never heard of those stupid frisbees until today...I got one to.. SUX!!! Congrats on your goodies. :icon_thumright:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

good hunt Mumszie! I like the bracelet !

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I never heard of a fissbe like that ,wtg on the finds tho

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:WTG.
I found this;
3623240717_a85574cb60.jpg

Silver with Gold.

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida

OMG after all that........... I forgot to post a picture of the offending object! Now I know you all know what a frisbee looks like but this one............ it should be on a wanted posted and put away for good.

frisbee081309.jpg

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

you got me mums I bever seen one like that

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rememer the biblical saying, "Man cannot live on bread alone. He must have peanut butter and a frisbie." Wait , I don't think tha was in the bible or was it? Monty

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi All! I'm new here! I guess I was in the right place at the right time! Glad I was of service Mumzie! Finally! I found my first gold with my new machine. A little band of 14k. I met a couple of folks also. I'll see ya all again. HH SonnyFl

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:icon_thumright: congrats SonnyFl make your seld a post an show us your find dont be shy

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

woulda loved to have been there when you seen the culprit for the first time!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread