Hurricane Bill: What if......

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett SeaHunter Mark II, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just saw an update on Hurricane Bill and the latest track has it coming just a little closer to the U.S. East Coast, going between East Coast and Bermuda. Now first and foremost I hope and pray that it does not strike the U.S. or Bermuda, but what if it skirts off shore? How close would it have to be to take off some sand from say the Outer Banks? I am just curious. Could really open up some potential all the way up the East Coast if it tracks just right. I wonder if it is a hundred miles or so off shore if the waves would be rough enough to do the job? I don't live near the coast and really don't know, anyone with previous experience please chime in. When Hugo came ashore in Charleston back in '89 I wonder what was found on the area beaches?? Anyway, all just hypothetical as who knows where it will go. HH everyone. 8)

Upvote 0

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Either way ,Im there,The Bronco is geared up an ready. :headbang: :tongue3: :laughing9: :laughing9:

C

Cappy Z.

Capt Loosechange, I have been criticized for being upbeat about bad weather...after awhile I said..you know...kiss my grits... I am a pirate and I want my share of the loot!

I hope HURRICANE Bill wreaks havoc on the SANDY beaches and tosses all the gold me eyes can see..

HH
Cap Z.

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cappy Z. said:
Capt Loosechange, I have been criticized for being upbeat about bad weather...after awhile I said..you know...kiss my grits... I am a pirate and I want my share of the loot!

I hope HURRICANE Bill wreaks havoc on the SANDY beaches and tosses all the gold me eyes can see..

HH
Cap Z.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :tongue3:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not going to hit anywhere south of new england
if at all

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On current projected path it is only going to throw 3' surf on Daytona Beach, that's not going to do anything. The storm will have to come a lot closer to help the east coast of Florida to do any good for us.

C

Cappy Z.

I for one believe it is too early to truly know Bill's path...we won't know for about two more days..

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cappy Z. said:
I for one believe it is too early to truly know Bill's path...we won't know for about two more days..

Absolutely true !
the amount of times the weathermen have been correct
lately, tells me it could go into the gulf :tongue3:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cappy Z. said:

I bet it doesntt come any closer then 500 miles off central Florida's coast.

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
Cappy Z. said:

I will take that bet :tongue3: Hows a case of beer :tongue3: :laughing9:

C

Cappy Z.

Cotton and Treasure Hunter, You guys send me the cash for the brewskis...I'll hold it safely...I never touch the stuff.....

Cappy Z.

Patrol

Dec 4, 2006
Northeast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Whites Surf II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nonetheless, close or not close, a storm that big is going to kick up some surf from Florida to Nova Scotia. :hello2:

Tom

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COTTON said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
Cappy Z. said:

I will take that bet :tongue3: Hows a case of beer :tongue3: :laughing9:

Cotton, sent you IM.......

My bet is eye of hurricane comes no closer then 500 miles from central Florida. Loser buys winner case of beer. Now if I lose, it means I will be on the beach hunting, so beer may be a day late..... :wink:

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skipper ,I also want to thank ya,That is the best weather site that i have seen so far. :tongue3:

OP
OP
Captain Loosechange

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett SeaHunter Mark II, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COTTON said:
Skipper ,I also want to thank ya,That is the best weather site that i have seen so far. :tongue3:
Double Ditto :hello2: That site is awesome, I am adding it to my favorites, I'm kinda a weather geek along with being a Metal Detecting Nerd :laughing7:

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Unfortunately its too far away methinks. I packed my car, made plans but changed my mind after checking out the local beach. It was as calm as can be with women and small children enjoying the tranquil waters. ::)

I called my buddy in Juno and he says it looks calm, no erosion today. :( You can check the wind directions here. I just dont see it for Florida. :'(

http://magicseaweed.com/msw-surf-charts2.php?region=20&res=&type=wind

If the majicseaweed holds true for the Outer Banks check out next Friday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread