Sebastion

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
For all you out there...
The hype on Hurricane Bill producing huge waves to make great cuts for us just didn't happen. I went down and was totally disappointed. Bigcypresshunter, I should have done the same as you, STAYED HOME! Unless those beaches have a direct hit, nothing is going to remove the 10 to 15 feet of sand reqiured to get down to the hardpan.
I not go again until that happens.
Aquanut

Upvote 0

Overeasy

May 7, 2008
Since you aparently made the trip to see for yourself about the conditions, I was wondering if you or anybody else has found and spanish coins on top of the existing sand. South of the inlet there was a renurishment project about five years ago. I live close by but have not been an active hunter on the beach.....However, my future retirement may give me some time to check things out more. Oddly enough if I remember correctly, the sand pumped on the beach cane from about two to three hundred yards off the beach from the ocean floor.

Hangingfor8

Dec 16, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I work up at midnight and drove my rear end from New Smyrna to Wabasso. I walked from Wabasso beach park off 510 all the way to Corrigans and the biggest cut I found was less than two feet. The waves were big and brutal, but they weren't taking any sand. I did snag a nice gold ring, but it was all in all a waste.

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made the same trip last year during a strong storm with the same results. I will hold off until there is a direct hit. You need to read about how to get in there in that case. There are some issues with making it to the water just after a big one. I have a trick up my sleeve that I am keeping to myself though. If you guys figure it out, I will see you there though!!!

DaChief

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
In past years those dunes were 12 feet above your head. Now they're waist high. I used to jump three to four feet down from the last step at the Turtle access and there was still a lot of sand to go before the hardpan. No, there is nothing laying on the surface.
Aquanut

Moe (fl)

Jul 25, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites, Tesoro, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The same thing happened to me earlier this year. There were very few targets and mostly junk!

I wonder if anyone has found a reale this year!

Another tropical storm is developing...

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I hunted " Chucks steak house " yesterday, no significant cuts or erosion, just minor scallop, thick soft replenishment sand and a few turtle nests. Only target was one modern nail. We need better wave direction.

Tek

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread