Did The Maiden Hunt With My New Garrett Fresh Water Metal Detector...Impressive

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
AT3ALL.jpg

Well, it's not exactly a new machine, but a new addition to my detector arsenal. It came out in 1986, and the electronics are very similar to the Garrett Freedom 3. I was lucky, my coil sinks, as some of the coils were weighted, and some were not. It's a pretty easy machine to operate. Rings and coins give a decent signal, junk, including bottle caps give a broken signal. I did manage to get three silver coins and one silver ring. I chest mounted the electronics, which lightened up the coil/rod. It's supposed to be water proof down to 6 feet.

INfinantenna.jpg

I hunted mostly with the AT3, but after 3 hours, the water was lacking signals. I then switched to the Infinium. The water suddenly came alive again, and more good targets went into my goody bag. After about 6-7 hours of hunting, I was getting tired & hungry, so I headed home, where I had a nice turkey supper waiting for me. Just a super day!

Below are the best finds of the day........

Attachments

• ring dime.jpg
    ring dime.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 516
  • ring dime.jpg
    ring dime.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 512
Upvote 0

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:thumbsup: Congrats on your "New" machine. You'll enjoy it, I'm sure. Chest mounting is the only way to go, let's you hunt for hours and hours.

HH

Desertfox

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi John, I once had one of these AT-3's, but now I don't remember what happened to it. Back then it was easy to find stuff as there wasn't much competition. Still You did well. WTG

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG you maiden voyage with that AT3 brought you some great silver finds. I guess it is like any new machine you use, there is a learning curve. Good luck in your future hunts :icon_thumleft:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like you did alright. Hope you get to know your new machine and all the goodies will be at your picking.....Matt

kipper

Greenie
Jul 4, 2008
Rome New York
Detector(s) used
Garretts all the time
I love this machine. I own 3 of them!! They provide decent depth, and are easy to use. They do well on dry land to. I have found A large cent at 6-7 inches. Excellent machine for competition hunts as well. While detecting during inclement weather no need to worry about the electronics as other people do. Great pin pointer, may not have the depth capabilities of modern detectors but I would not pass up a chance to pick up another if the price was right. Enjoy and keep us posted as to what you find with it. Kip...:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread