Unpleasant morning

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Well the morning started out pleasant enough. I wasn't happy at the first place I went and didn't stay there more than about 15 minutes then went on to a second place. Now I've hunted this place many MANY times and NEVER had any problems but this morning was different. Some guy up on the dry sand started yelling and at first I couldn'r really hear him so I didn't know he was actually yelling AT me. Then he stopped and I kept going back and forth doing my own thing. I don't dig real deep holes. It is just too much for me and what this guy was yelling about (and being very dirty mouthed as well) was me digging holes out there. When I got ready to leave and came out of the water he was there still yelling at me! Now I could hear what he was saying and it wasn't a pleasant good morning! I decided not to answer him and just kept walking to my car. I did not want a confrontation with this guy. What a jerk he was! I hope I don't see this guy again because next time I may get into a yelling match with him and between you and me.... I'm not real good with this kind of thing. I generally just try to get away from people like this. I bet this guy is one of those guys that freak out on the roads too. Sheesh!

Anyway my finds for today were not spectacular but I did manage a couple coins, a cheap earring and an eagle charm. I am in the process of cleaning it right now to see if it is silver. It is not very big maybe an inch and a quarter in height.

MoneynJunk082509.jpg

Charm082509.jpg

I am glad to be home this morning. I didn't like this morning at all. :(

Upvote 0

homer007

Jan 11, 2008
BAIBRIDGE GA
Detector(s) used
WHITE PI PRO, TIGER SHARK,TESORO DELEON/XLT® E-Series Metal Detector. Whites PI Pro Detector
HE COULD HAVE BEEN YELLING, SHARK! HEHE. NA, I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM, JUST KEEP A CAN OF PEPPER SPRAY ON HAND FOR DUMB$$$. BEING A RETIRED POLICE OFFFICER, ITS KIND OF HARD TO KEEP THE SAND OUT OF MY GLOCK WHILE DET SO I BRING PEPPER SPRAY

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can get a small pepper spray that you carry around your neck. Also just cock your head from side to side and smile like you don't understand what he is saying. If they keep yelling give a thumbs up sign smile and nod your head, and if they approach you while you are on land and harass you, just start yelling !!!Pervert!!!!Bad Man!!!!GO AWAY!!!! and then use your pepper spray if they continue. If you catch any flack later over it, just explain to the officer, or life guard etc, that you were alone and the bad man scared you. ;D how would they feel if some raving lunatic came up on them.

don't let them ruin your day though. Just think how miserable it would be to live a day in their shoes!

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
allen said:
lets find this jerk and teach him some manners !!

Maybe the jerk would be happier with less teeth. I'm sure if he saw 10 of us standing there with scoops in our hands or a few of us with bayonet diggers :laughing7:

There's no way of stopping jerks, they should have been stopped by their parents when they were kids or by their teachers in school when they were bothering other kids....but oh no it's societies fault when they end up in jail or they bother the wrong person who pulls a gun on them and terminates their stupidity....oh well just my thoughts

Let's hope that it doesn't happen again mumszie. You handled it the best way, just ignoring the jerk.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread