Unpleasant morning

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Well the morning started out pleasant enough. I wasn't happy at the first place I went and didn't stay there more than about 15 minutes then went on to a second place. Now I've hunted this place many MANY times and NEVER had any problems but this morning was different. Some guy up on the dry sand started yelling and at first I couldn'r really hear him so I didn't know he was actually yelling AT me. Then he stopped and I kept going back and forth doing my own thing. I don't dig real deep holes. It is just too much for me and what this guy was yelling about (and being very dirty mouthed as well) was me digging holes out there. When I got ready to leave and came out of the water he was there still yelling at me! Now I could hear what he was saying and it wasn't a pleasant good morning! I decided not to answer him and just kept walking to my car. I did not want a confrontation with this guy. What a jerk he was! I hope I don't see this guy again because next time I may get into a yelling match with him and between you and me.... I'm not real good with this kind of thing. I generally just try to get away from people like this. I bet this guy is one of those guys that freak out on the roads too. Sheesh!

Anyway my finds for today were not spectacular but I did manage a couple coins, a cheap earring and an eagle charm. I am in the process of cleaning it right now to see if it is silver. It is not very big maybe an inch and a quarter in height.

MoneynJunk082509.jpg

Charm082509.jpg

I am glad to be home this morning. I didn't like this morning at all. :(

Upvote 0

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon
You were in the water and he was still yelling?
Newt

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you was in the water what was his problem. I proably would of told him where to go......Matt

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably some drunk with nothing else to do but harass people. You are fortunate if this is the only one you have come across in your adventures. I wouldn't advocate a lady hunting alone like you do. He wouldn't do that to a man I'll bet. Be careful out there Mums. Monty

pinebarrens1

Dec 20, 2007
bayville nj
Detector(s) used
minelab xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you should have done what i would .....grab him by the neck . and as your choking him ask him ' now whats the problem '

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it was probably some drunk jerk who was burying his beer cans and other garbage in the dry sand. I try my hardest to be out of the water and on my way home by 8:30 AM. But lately I noticed that there are more and more people even sleeping on the beach, still drunk from a heavy night of drinking. The last time I was at CWB there were several people passed out there in the dry sand at 6:30 AM. Everytime I walk by the entrance I see the sign with all the rules including: no fishing, no sleeping overnight on the beach, no alcohol, etc.

At least you had fun out there, don't worry about some @, excuse my French. He's probably jealous because he doesn't know how to metal detect. There are even some people who think that nobody has the right to pick up lost jewelry out there in the water, maybe he's one of those.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ignore loser jerks ---(words can not hurt) -- unless they approach you then they need a attitude adjustment ---begin by applying digger scoop upside of their head & or knee caps --repeat as often needed to fully adjust their attitude , you can tell they are fully and properly adjusted when you hear them whine -- mommy make the bad person stop hurting me while curled into the fetal position.

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Mumszie,

The other side of the coin from the great individual who sent you and your daughter the coin rings.

I guess "Jerks" are just one of the trials and tribulations we need to face occasionally. What disturbs me the most is that it has to happen to such a nice person as you.

When I commuted to work using public transportation (a ways back now) ... I carried a pepper spray canister handy. Never needed to use it but was comforting to have.

HH Joe

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mumszie,Next time just flip him the bird ,Then wait till he is about swinging distance an knock his a-- out with the scoop i gave ya,Monty was right he wouldn't be doing all that barking if you were a man. You did the right thing,By not saying any thing an going for the truck.(car)Hope you have a better day tomorrow :tongue3:

JoeSWFla

Jun 15, 2007
Sorry to hear that Mumszie.Next time find the nearest cop and
tell him you are being harrassed by this foul mouthed guy.
Let the cop confront him.Might put a damper on that fool.
Now forget that jerk and go enjoy yourself.Good hunting,Joe

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Next time you see that walking pile of dog doo give your back up team a call and point him out...

We are here to help!

Enforcement.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, Mums.

No excuse for him yelling at you. His loud, foul mouth is more of a nuisance then you detecting. .................People say nothing about kids diggin and making sand castles....

I cover up all holes I dig at the beach that aren't in the water, even on dry sand.

ReidMan

Jul 16, 2008
Hampton, VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 main, Infinium water, TDI red dirt, 1266x if I feel like digging iron.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You did the right thing walking away, you dont need to get down to his level.

You did the right thing.

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
MUM...unfortunate event indeed. Why some people feel the need to harass peaceful hobbiests is beyond me. It is obviously thier problem but ...hard not to let it bother you. Dont let it stop you....better days ahead....Joe

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did the right thing, ignore and walk away. There is no need for a confrontation with a possible deranged man.

But then again, the best you could have done was pretend to leave, and while he was swimming dig a big hole and pile his stuff into it. As a good MD'er also make sure you cover that hole well :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions