Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This can vary a lot by the wave action, currents and weight of the ring. There is no set science as to where stuff ends up, but a lot of good ideas. When things slow down with less people hitting the swim areas, it might be time to switch to pulse units to get max depth and do a lot of extra digging.

OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I'm thinking. I had my mind set on a Sand Shark, but looking at the Sea Hunter Mark II as well.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget to toss large storms into the equation, they can also dig up and redistribute the oldest of coins and jewelry

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it is really hard to say. This year I found a woman's class ring and when I return it they told me that she lost it back in 2002. So it has been in the lake for almost 7 years and it took me only 2 scoops to retrive it.......Matt

lucky d

Oct 2, 2008
fla la land
Detector(s) used
minelab excalibur
mitch found a ring lost in the dry sand a year after it was lost....i found and returned a class ring 17 years after it was lost in the water....i think that storms, waves, and errosion are the beach md'ers best friend....c'mon storms!....when conditions are right/good, make the time to hit the beaches....when they are bad, go golfing...hh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread