Withdrawal problems

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think I’m going through symptoms of MD withdrawal. The first thing I noticed was the sweats. When getting up in the morning, I’m covered in sweat and tremble slightly.

Another symptom is mumbling out loud all the time. My skin itches and is blotchy.

When I go to the beach, I compulsively run to the water line and pray to Davy Jones to have mercy on me. The folks at the beach must be thinking “Uh Oh, there’s another stranded metal detectorist”.

I noticed these problems when I realized that my Excal2 needed to go to the MD doctor.

You see, my poor MD was showing signs of overwork. Erratic, strange sounds, not stable at all and I saw it heading for a nervous breakdown..

After 20 months of dedicated service with no complaints, one day this week it no longer was eager to work.

While talking with the MD doctor on the phone, I got the feeling that they were terribly overworked with sick patients.

Well, hopefully a full recovery is in the future.

If you should see me wandering aimlessly at any beach please throw a few coins in my path. But try not to be too obvious.

Ralph

Upvote 0

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hehehe. My wife thinks I'm the one obsessed.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So that is why I wake up with the sweats and shaking a little, MD withdraws. The DR tells me it is my sugar so make sure you take your shot morning and night. I guess I just need to get out more swing the coil. Thanks.....Matt

lucky d

Oct 2, 2008
fla la land
Detector(s) used
minelab excalibur
research is the best cure when you and the detector are down....finding a new secret spot through research will make both of you feel great and give you something to look forward to.... and when you two are reunited on the beach, finding treasure, and doing the happy dance, all mumbles will be forgoten....hh

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Boy do I know that feeling! I had it just a few months ago when mine went in for repair! I hope you get it back soon before your breakdown is complete and we find you sitting on a corner somewhere mumbling to yourself! :tongue3:

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry to hear your feeling so poorly but there is a cure, my prescription is a back up detector :icon_thumleft:

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Tank69 said:
sorry to hear your feeling so poorly but there is a cure, my prescription is a back up detector :icon_thumleft:

OR...2 or 3 :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Montauk3

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I do have a backup. The BHID.
I'm just so accustomed to the Excal that I miss it very much.

I'm about 85% sure of getting a Sovereign GT as my backup.
I understand that it is very close to the Excal2 in operation. And that is what I want.
Anyone have any comments on said machine?

Any suggestions as to where to get one? Excluding Kellyco. Their "free stuff" is a bit useless and cheap.

TIA
Ralph

Indasurf

Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, White's BHID 300, Fisher CZ20, Fisher CZ 6A, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, Tesoro Silver Sabre Plus, White's 5900 DI Pro SL, and others!
Montauk3 said:
I do have a backup. The BHID.
I'm just so accustomed to the Excal that I miss it very much.

I'm about 85% sure of getting a Sovereign GT as my backup.
I understand that it is very close to the Excal2 in operation. And that is what I want.
Anyone have any comments on said machine?

Any suggestions as to where to get one? Excluding Kellyco. Their "free stuff" is a bit useless and cheap.

TIA
Ralph

Send in the BHID for the upgraded coil and turn it into the fantastic Beach Hunter 300! :headbang:

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
15 years or so ago when i bought my 1st excal and i wore a hole in the horse coil after three weeks.

were not many hunters then like now, gold was everywhere..........i lasted only 3 days

i went to my guy and he had to excals, so i bought a sovereign and the gold started rolling in once more.

it is really bad this withdrawal deal.........man oh man

good luck, fire up that bhid..............i hear it is pretty good.

i am going to give my excal. a break sat. and hunt with a friends detector pro diver, should be interesting spin, i used it for 30 mins tonight in my yard..........single tone baby............weighted 10" coil

we shall see

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread