Help PLease

beachhunter90

Apr 11, 2009
1715 Fleet Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Sea Hunter and Ace 350
Would someone please explain to me about wet sand .I have been beach hunting for 6mon now
and have found that on the beach that I hunt there are always from hightide mark to low tide mark
25cent then next 10cent then 5cent it is always this , I would think 5 cent and 10 cent would
be higher 25 cent more at the waters edge anyway you can pull change all daylong and there is always
change under that change and so on, you can work a 50 feet by 50 feet and be so wore out that you
have to leave. Im sick of all the change and would like to no were the gold is . Its not uncommon to
have 4 are 5 dimes are nickels in one scoop . thanks >:(

Upvote 0

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What beach are you hunting..LOL, :tongue3: If you are getting that many clad targets ,You are doing something right you just have to get the clad out of your way,Gold will come,Dig all targets,an take it low an slow :tongue3: Good luck

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
never understood why folks dont like clad , ya digging gold an silver is great an really makes a hunt go nice but the clad all adds up at the end of the day , sorry just voicing my thoughts

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wouldn't we all like to know where the GOLD is but hey, clad beats pull tabs...

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
keeping working it, I notice the coin lines myself. Some one told me that it is from the surf coming up into the dry sand and dragging the stuff off the dry beach then it gets dropped heavier stuff first and deeper then followed by the dimes at the waters edge. There should be gold there too just a lot deeper.

scrooge

May 3, 2008
Treasure Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Dual Field,Whites PI Pro,Whites SurfMaster II- Tesoro Silver Saber uMAX-Garrett Infinium LS
I've been searching Florida beaches more than 30 years. I dig everything dry,wet and in the water, on average I probably dig 100 to 200 pieces of trash to every good piece of jewelery(I don't consider clad trash). It boils down to a percentage thing the more you go the better chance you have of finding gold . Don't let others keep you from searching the dry sand my best piece of jewelry was a diamond tennis bracelet it came from the dry sand on Miami beach. I have kept a journal of my finds and I have found more earrings and chains in the dry sand,more rings came from wet and water but not all. Just keep going and try not to be frustrated by the posts of others finds, the gold will come.........

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Help Please

scrooge said:
I've been searching Florida beaches more than 30 years. I dig everything dry,wet and in the water, on average I probably dig 100 to 200 pieces of trash to every good piece of jewelery(I don't consider clad trash). It boils down to a percentage thing the more you go the better chance you have of finding gold . Don't let others keep you from searching the dry sand my best piece of jewelry was a diamond tennis bracelet it came from the dry sand on Miami beach. I have kept a journal of my finds and I have found more earrings and chains in the dry sand,more rings came from wet and water but not all. Just keep going and try not to be frustrated by the posts of others finds, the gold will come.........
Items of like weight are moved around by the surf to settle in like areas. In the dry sand they don't get moved around and tend to stay where they are dropped. 90% of the gold rings are in the pull tab range so if you are digging pull tabs the gold rings are usually under them being heavier. The best beach hunting manual (thegoldenolde.com/) is gone now. It taught many of us how to search the beaches. I have it in book form saved in my library. :read2:

Attachments

• P8310013 [Desktop Resolution].JPG
    P8310013 [Desktop Resolution].JPG
    82 KB · Views: 207

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your right sandman the goldenolde was a wonderful site, it tooke me hours to go into each section and print it out(my dad doesn't have a computer) and he has read it a dozen times, now that the site is gone, I am glad I printed it because I always learn something else rereading it, or something that makes more sense now that my experience is growing.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Txkickergirl, Yeah it took a while to get it all printed. I went to UPS store and had it made into a couple books printed on both sides and it is about an inch and a quarter thick. I sent one to Bootybay. :read2: :thumbsup:

OD_hunt

Aug 16, 2009
South Africa
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
Hey Sandman

A little while ago I came across a post by someone who saved the Golden Olde site, piece by piece, and has made it available online again. There are little bits of it missing here and there but it seems 98% in tact. I have never seen the original, but this is better than nothing. Here ya go: http://www.nmhra.netfirms.com/pulltab/

HH, OD

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OD, that is the same site, just been saved by someone at a different location to preserve it. I changed address I had for GO in my favorities and posted new address here on another thread, but many missed it....

Thanks OD

OD_hunt

Aug 16, 2009
South Africa
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
Aha, TH you posted it that's right. Thanks, I also saved it but couldn't remember where you posted it with the amount of threads I read! OD;)

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COTTON said:
What beach are you hunting..LOL, :tongue3: If you are getting that many clad targets ,You are doing something right you just have to get the clad out of your way,Gold will come,Dig all targets,an take it low an slow :tongue3: Good luck

I agree; picking up several dimes each clip would be a great day for me, less targets to dig each time. I don't have hostile feelings against clad either, it is most welcome in my pocket :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions