txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What can I say for two weekends in a row I plowed through the murky depths, battled jellyfish, and trotted along the water with little more to show than a handful of clad a couple weights, a junk id cuff bracelet, and enough trash to start my own recycling center. I was so desperate I could not even find a junk ring. Finally a ray of hope shines through and not only was I gifted with the gold band, but also the little junk ring I would of been pleased to find on any of my previous hunts.

The last pic is my booty of rings from the year. Gold, Silver, and junk. You may laugh at my keeping the junk but all of you who the surf gods make you work for every slice of gold and silver know even the junk rings are precious and at the end 6 hours you finally get a junk ring you know you can go home now, because at lest you found a ring.

Attachments

• md 002.jpg
    md 002.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 330
  • md 003.jpg
    md 003.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 336
  • md 007.jpg
    md 007.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 341
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a lot of scooping and finally the Surf Gods came through for you. :hello2:

Take Care,
Sandman

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
That was a lot of scooping and finally the Surf Gods came through for you. :hello2:

Take Care,
Sandman

you should of seen the mountain of trash that went with it, I swear if I ever see some little kid pulling off a tab from there drink again I might just lose it!

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did greatttttttttttttttttt congrats to you...

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Job well done! That is a nice collection. It's a heck of a ratio between trash and treasure, but worth it.

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just keep thinking "I'm cleaning up the place.....I'm cleaning up the place......."
I know, it doesn't help me either!!! Congrats on the glimmer of gold and the
junker ring. That will make the day seem better. Gold Nuggets :hello:

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my first thought is I am cleaning the place up..my second thought is..this is just like my house, the more I clean the faster they mess the house back up...its a never winning battle especially with my teens.

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
First of all a BIG CONGRATS! I am like you. I keep every ring and they area ALL precious to me, even the pos ones that no one else likes. I LIKE THEM. I always feel better if I can go home with a ring no matter what kind it is. Of course I will admit that I'd rather have the gold, silver etc. LOL I have 58 rings so far this year but NOT all are "good" ones. I don't care. I've got 58 rings! Yippee!

WTG on your finds so far and may you find many many more before the end of the year.

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 47 total
18-junk
13-silver
16-gold

I love this hobby

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some nice finds. I've got to agree with you, a ring is a ring. Up here in New England the gold is hard to come by as well. Any ring not gold or silver is not a junk ring to me. It is "costume jewelry". It sounds better and gives it more value. :thumbsup: :sunny: :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread