Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

chipveres

Jul 9, 2007
Hollywood, Florida
Our public beaches are almost regimented. First there is the high tide line. Then a line of lifeguard stands. Then a line of garbage cans. Then the parking lot. I hunt between the garbage cans and the high tide line.

Chip V.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a Cleansweep coil for the Eldorado and cover as much of it as you can. I've only been at this for a couple of months, but my only gold ring was found near an entrance (bridge over the dunes).

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wet sand at low tide. Also look for cuts. After that the "towel line". Don't forget the volleyball courts.

HH,

habs

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Is there parking on the beach? If so, then I would concentrate on the 10' swath that the cars park. Tons of stuff is dropped unloading/loading the car. If not, then I would first focus on the access points (dune crossovers). Next, would be the Towel line. And last would be the the trash can area.

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally would hunt the wet sand at low tide til I got my water machine...

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depending on the time you have to hunt......

I would start where the greatest concentration of people are and then move out from there. If the beach is hit by other detectorists you will have to be creative. For example at some spots that I go to that are bombarded with ace 250s in the dry and excaliburs in the water, I have to go to deeper water where the others couldn't reach. It helps being a little bit taller than the average. But that's only if you have a water proof machine.

I have seen hunters find rings and other pieces of jewelry at all parts of the beach, even near the garbage cans. When we went over to the Treasure Coast one time to try our luck there was a hunter that only detected the parking lots. He wasn't doing too bad. We had a total of 3 cents between 3 hunters, he had several dollars in clad. He also told me on several occasions he had found gold.

I would concentrate when the tide is low in the zones that had been under water. You might be surprised....

Another word of advice that might help, if other hunters hit the same area but go through quickly, try going over the same areas slower. I have hunted in areas where you could see the holes from the other hunters but yet I was still digging quarters near their holes. I also found one of my best rings where a hunter had just passed through with one of those WOT coils. He may have heard it but thought it was junk because there were also pulltabs all around it. I guess it's impossible to get it all.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you know the layout of the beach and where the most volume is, head there first. You're on a beach and people drop items all over and the sand eats it up fast. So whereever there is sand and people it's good to hunt :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Tank69

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its very intresting to see how each hunter would apraoch this thanks alot for everyones comments :icon_thumleft:

HH Tank :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions