Another Alternative on High Performance Excal Headphones...........

Gulf Hunter

Jan 12, 2007
Galveston Co., Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 800s
Do you HATE your Koss or old blue clunker headphones on your Excaliber? Are you in a bind, because Minelab will no longer install the ikelite connector, for Gray Ghost Underwater Headphones? Would you like to improve, but just feel hopeless about the alternatives? Here is a revolutionary answer to your dilemma (this may still void headphone warranty).

In Clive James Clynicks, "Advanced Field Methods for the Minelab Excaliber:Theory & Practice, I was intrigued with the headphones developed by "MR. GOLD MASTER" . Clive also uses them and apparently they both felt like this was a better alternative than any currently available. I am not REAL handy with soldering and my engineering stinks, so I simply inquired of "MR. GOLD MASTER" , if he would entertain modding mine for me. He takes a pair of Peltor H7A aviation headphones and installs the audio portion of the Koss or old blues into the Peltors.

I have since switched over from what I was previously using to these exclusively and have had excellent results with these. Tonal quality is exceptionally accurate, they are comfortable and wind noise is significantly reduced over stock.

Send Mr.Gold Master a PM, if you want to get a set of these for your own unit:
"MR. GOLD MASTER" states,
"Yeah, spread the word on the mod will do it for
$60 labor + $25 H7A + return shipping cost
I also could take payment by pay pal , Money order or check"

This is one of my personal Excal 800s here with the Peltors installed, but of course mine have the ikelite connector. If you don't have one, no biggie though, as this can be performed hardwired!

Attachments

• Peltors (2).JPG
    Peltors (2).JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 304
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread