Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took it out Saturday, but thunderstorms cut my hunt way short. I was trying it out in the sound. I kicked off my flip flops, went to step in the water and the bottom moved. Some kind of ray about 18" across. Glad I didn't step on it because I would have had a heart attack. I found a dime right off the bat, then 10 minutes later had to quit.

I went out yesterday and same thing, stepped in the water and found a penny right off the bat. Then nothing for quite a while. My next signal was a big chain. It is stamped 14k, but it wouldn't fool anyone, nickel plated zinc. Damn shame, at 93 grams it would have made my month. I rigged a sling for the box, but seemed to get a lot of falsing about midaway through the hunt.

I remounted it the box on the shaft and went out again in the afternoon. Same thing, about 10 minutes after I start hunting, it starts falsing. It stopped after a while, I think I was actually hitting on some corroded metal bits.

Sooo, no great finds yet, but I do believe I like it. I tried it in the surf, but I will have to wait for a bit calmer conditions to really test it. I rigged a wooden handle to my hand scoop. It is functional, but can't wait for my real scoop to get here. That's about it, thanks for reading.

Upvote 0

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: they'll come an be sweet

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope the weather will work with you so you can have a good hunt. My whites started falsing out on me the other week. It must have been the beach that I was at because it hasn't done it since......Matt

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gib, Did you order the T shark just recently? Been waiting to hear from a MD outlet as to when they will be shipping one to me.

OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought it used. I figured if I didn't like it, I wouldn't have any problem making my money back. I think I got a pretty good deal on it.

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey detectorhead

i heard they are waiting on parts to build a few tigers, so not many around right now

reily's treas. gold has one - or did last thur.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My tiger shark starts falsing right when the water starts to hit the box. If I put the box totally under water OR above water it quits. Do you know if yours was falsing right when the water started to hit the box? My husband has a tiger shark to and his does the same exact thing. Other than that they are awesome detectors. I hope you are pleased with yours. Good Luck, Marcia

OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, the box and connector were still above water. I figure it wasn't really falsing, just rust flakes around the bottom in that particular area. I did pull up a chunk a little bigger than a silver dollar, so I know there is some still on the bottom. Probably got pitched in there when they building pavillions.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on those finds with your new toy. I have also been looking into that model and would love to find one used too. So I am taking you like the investment you made :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread