I never expected these.

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a beach that I’d not been to before to see what was available. I didn’t bother with going in the water as it was high tide with temps in the mid 60’s and a wind really blowing in off the ocean. The few people that were on the beach had on sweats, jackets and hats. Not your typical summer day for Labor Day weekend.

I stuck with dry sanding all day and was surprised at what I found. No jewelry but I did find coins. No silver but still a total of $3.52. I have the feeling this beach has never been detected before by the dates on the coins. I found quarters dated back to 1973 and 1974. My oldest nickel is 1986. Nothing too old in dimes. Some pennies are dated 1970, 1973, 1975, 1976. I even have about a dozen pennies that I can’t read the date on them because they are so crusted.

But to my surprise my best find of the day is a 1953s Wheatie, and I can’t believe what great shape it’s in. There are a few dings on the face from being in the sand, but otherwise it’s in great shape. I didn’t realize what I had until I got it home and cleaned my coins. Current value for this coin is only $1.00, but that’s still 100 times its original value. I will definitely have to get back to this beach at low tide. There’s no telling what I may find in the wet sand and suds.

pendbl.jpg

Upvote 0

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mat, WTG on that 1953 S Lincoln. :icon_thumleft: Being from NJ, I can appreciate finding any S coin :headbang:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you may have a winner. Hoping to see your finds on when you get back there.....Matt

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread