I tried but...

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Today was an interesting day. I headed for Clearwater beach. I knew they were real busy yesterday and would probably be the same today. So in the water I headed. I got a nice pair of sunglasses right off the bat but didn't find much else... OK 1 quarter. LOL

Then EmeraldEyes stopped me and told me that a guy wanted to talk to me about hunting for his lost wedding ring. I wasn't too excited about that because I never am able to find stuff like that but.... oh well I'd give it a try. I "thought" he had lost it there at CWB but nooooo it was at one of the hotels at their beach. OK that sounds promising. Not so many MD'ers hunting there... I might have a chance. So off we went. He showed me the general area and I told him that people seldom lose things where they "think" they lost them but I would give it a try. First off I gave myself a larger area to search trying to make sure I covered as much as I could. I gridded it one way by width - back and forth into the water and back to the dry sand, trying to be real careful to cover it all. I got a lot of bottle caps, a bottle opener but no ring. So I went back and gridded the whole thing lengthwise still no ring. He stayed with us for an hour or so and then I gave him my email address and told him to contact me later and I'd let him know if I found it. Oh yes and he kept trying to give me 20 dollars just to look for it but I refused it. Shoot I'd be looking anyway and this was a new area for me so who knows I just might find some other good stuff while I was at it. Well to shorten this story a little bit... I did NOT find it nor did I find any other "good" stuff. I was really hoping I would. He told me his anniversay was next week and he really wanted to surprise his wife by finding his ring. I will go back a couple more times and give it another try. As he was walking in the water to show me where to look a dollar bill floated by and he grabbed it up and handed it to me. I told him no, he found it and should keep it. He insisted that I keep it so I did but I never took the twenty bucks he kept trying to give me for just looking. Well I did get a nice pair of sunglasses and when I looked them up I found them and they only cost 19.95. Oh well.

MoneynJunk090709.jpg

sunglassesrocawearr7280ox1995.jpg

EmeraldEyes did better than I - as usual - She found a whole bunch of coins and she found one coin spill that was mostly pennies and had 3 of the new pennies mixed in with them. I've seen these on the news and the internet but these are the first I've actually seen. She also found a real neat lighter. Of course it is jammed with sand.

Finds090709.jpg

Pennies090709.jpg

Lighter090709.jpg

Oh and did I mention that after I started hunting I asked him when he actually lost the ring (thinking it was yesterday or today) Nope! He lost it a week ago. **sigh**

Upvote 0

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
still get good karma for tryin mums :icon_thumright:

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
you could make a table top out of the bottle caps! what a lovely thing it would be. at least you got out which is better than I did. I cleaned all wk!

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
congrats for the valiant effort!!! someone has that ring already!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You gave it a good try with all those caps it sure looks like you should have found something......Matt

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad hunt there :icon_thumleft: I have yet to see one of those new Lincoln pennies in NJ :dontknow: It almost looks as though honest Abe is holding a metal detector :D

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
spartacus53 said:
Not a bad hunt there :icon_thumleft: I have yet to see one of those new Lincoln pennies in NJ :dontknow: It almost looks as though honest Abe is holding a metal detector :D

Thats funny! That is the first thing my daughter said and she thought it was a fake penny put out by some detector company. LOL

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Good job Mums! I'm jealous of your great adventures! :icon_thumright:

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for Mums! At least ya tried! Maybe I can help you one day? :coffee2: