what should i do?

aditochi

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2008
hi to all!! i wanna buy a detector for beach hunting,dont have enough money for the excalibur and i need to choose from one of those.
And here they are the lucky ones....ace 250...white prizm 4....bounty hunter>lone star,quick silver,minelab x-terra 305,fisher f2 or f4
i`m confused and dont know what to do please help me
from what i`ve learned here, i should buy the ace 250 or minelab xterra305
these detector that i have listed here are available in romania for sale in my price range.if you have another sugg.and its not here please tell me .becouse i`m thinking to order the detector from internet except minelab detectors they dont send in romania have here a dealer
i will hunt 3-4 times a week,beach and sometimes land,if you could help with anything .please say
thank you very much and goodluck retrieving goodies

Upvote 0

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
As long as you are not going to hunt IN the water I would say the ACE 250. Even with that one you can hunt very shallow, my daughter does, just don't get the control box wet! I have no experience with the others.

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi.

I have the F4 which does great in dry sand and land too but POORLY in wet sand.

For wet sand I use a White's Surf PI which is great, especially if you like to dig deep!

Hope that helps.

HH Joe

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like mumsie, I have the Ace 250 that works great in the sand and you can take it into shallow water, but make sure the contol housing stays dry. It you get it wet there is a good possibility of shorting the unit out and then you have scrap metal :-[ It's my opinion that for the money the Ace is the best all round machine.

OP
OP
A

aditochi

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2008
thank you all for the reply ,i`ve seen some good reviews for the titan 3000xd,anyone using it for beach hunting?if so, please tell me.i will buy, i think... the ace 250 ,except the case someone comes with good points for titan.anyway thank you all .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread